Us Open Cup Final: Philadelphia Union Vs. Sporting Kansas City 7pm 9/30/15

That was a fun game. Worthy of being called a Final.

I really hope we go all in on this tournament next year. I love USOC.

Crazy thought: Do you ever think that CFG wants NYCFC, Man City, Melbourne City to lose in championship games so that all the merchandise goes to Africa and other areas in need so that they can grow the City brand?

There are a lot of places in Africa that are still celebrating the Patriots undefeated season.

Reactions: brookln231
Crazy thought: Do you ever think that CFG wants NYCFC, Man City, Melbourne City to lose in championship games so that all the merchandise goes to Africa and other areas in need so that they can grow the City brand?

There are a lot of places in Africa that are still celebrating the Patriots undefeated season.
No wtf

patriots undefeated season? pfft, the legends are the four time superbowl champions the buffalo bills ...lol

Final is tonight.

Anyone else going to watch it?

States with the most US Open Cup wins:
OPENCUP_MAP_1_1280.jpg

we gotta increase that NY state title number. I really gotta find where I can find sites, or books or something about the many amateur teams and early pro teams that played in NYC or surrounding areas, greek americans, etc. do they exist still i assume in some amateur league. they were the ones playing in the early versions of the US open cup.

as for the game itself just saw the penalty shootout as i got home from school. i see the Philly coach tried to pull a van gaal but it didnt work this time.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10

I'm still celebrating the final game of that season... I forget who won... :D

(ETA: It's absurd that game ended with 22 players on the field, considering.)

we gotta increase that NY state title number. I really gotta find where I can find sites, or books or something about the many amateur teams and early pro teams that played in NYC or surrounding areas, greek americans, etc. do they exist still i assume in some amateur league. they were the ones playing in the early versions of the US open cup.

as for the game itself just saw the penalty shootout as i got home from school. i see the Philly coach tried to pull a van gaal but it didnt work this time.

Start here http://homepages.sover.net/~spectrum/newyork.html

Reactions: Fantazma

The Wikipedia article on the U.S. Open Cup lists the teams by name (within state) that have won the Open Cup. MLS just began its participation in 1996.

The Wikipedia article on the U.S. Open Cup lists the teams by name (within state) that have won the Open Cup. MLS just began its participation in 1996.
i have seen it but i feel since its wikipedia some info may be missing for some early teams. I know its extremely hard to get but i was always was curious of the amateur eras in the early 1900's and i think some stil exist.