Jul 16, 2014
Lineup:
---------------Guzan-----------
----------Jones-----Brooks
Yedlin-----------------------Garza
--------------Beckerman------------
Bedoya------------Mix-------------F Johnson
-------------Altidore---------Rubin

I like this lineup (other than the jermaine jones CB experiment), excited for the game.

I am excited that Mix is up in the CAM role, and awesome to see Yedlin bumping Fabian to left wing. Both positions strong now.

Do we have an actual reason why Klinsmann is determined to play at least one player out of position per game?

Looked like we played a team with a much better midfield than ours. Similar to when we played Germany and Belgium.

We will look like that every time we play better teams until we get world class talent.

Anyone out there interest NYCFC fans?
I know we will probably not be able to get him... But Rubio Rubin is going to be one heck of a player. Starting at 18 years old for FC Utrecht and already has 4 assists for his club there. I think his next move is going to be to a bigger European club, not New York City FC. Realistically there are several players that interest me, Alejandro Bedoya, Mix Diskerud, and John Brooks to name a few. I also like Juan Agudelo who didn't play in this game. Oh, and i'll take Jozy Altidore if he can't find a taker in Europe willing to pay Sunderland's price.

Last edited: