USOC - May 11 - Rochester (Home)

Are expecting Ronny to go all NYCFC II for this? our back line is thin as it is so not sure what he will do.

I would hope it's mostly NYCFC II and the guys at the end of the bench for NYCFC. The open cup is great but it's not nearly important enough to play any of our key guys that just played extra games due to the champions league. We need our starters to get as much rest as possible to give us a chance down the stretch of the MLS season to defend our MLS cup.

I think I would expect Barraza in net. As far as CBs go, assuming Martins and Chanot have since returned (I think is fairly probable), we'd see one of Martins/Chanot at RCB and Vuk at LCB.

Longer term (post-Rochester), I think I would personally like Ronny to prioritize USOC over regular season. Not sure I would think that had we not just come off of winning MLS Cup.

It also helps when this team has great attacking depth, and a star striker who hasn't not started a match except for suspension since September 2020 (the game before Heber's knee injury).

I would hope it's mostly NYCFC II and the guys at the end of the bench for NYCFC. The open cup is great but it's not nearly important enough to play any of our key guys that just played extra games due to the champions league. We need our starters to get as much rest as possible to give us a chance down the stretch of the MLS season to defend our MLS cup.

i dont mind going for it ( it gives CCL spot). i certainly would be ok with US open cup win over campeones cup ( thats just me). the depth in defense is really the issue. The us open cup is done by early september but the rounds are spread out more. unlike CCL that were basically back to back. the rest will be there as there is still fifa breaks in June and September.

Go for it. Win the competition. 5 games. Even if that means we finish 7th in the east.
I don't know about that last part, but I agree they should go for it. It's 5 extra games. This isn't Manchester City playing every midweek due to PL, UCL, FA Cup, League Cup, Club World Cup.

Where/what else could be the place/reason for a 7th venue?
Hosting again in USOC or Campeones Cup if other venues are unavailable. Or perhaps if a Yankees and/or Mets game needs rescheduling and other venues are unavailable.

But it's hard to imagine that schedules wouldn't allow a game at YS, Citi, RBA, Belson, or Hartford at this point.

Reactions: Kjbert
Agree another venue is unlikely. And we're running out of options. Fordham? Did we burn that as an option due to fan misbehavior? Not sure if it has advantages over Belson anyway - maybe a few more seats?
Columbia?
Fun to speculate but hard to imagine realistic scenarios why we would go yet somewhere else beyond those already used.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Agree another venue is unlikely. And we're running out of options. Fordham? Did we burn that as an option due to fan misbehavior? Not sure if it has advantages over Belson anyway - maybe a few more seats?
Columbia?
Fun to speculate but hard to imagine realistic scenarios why we would go yet somewhere else beyond those already used.

the football stadium field is actually smaller and narrower than yankee stadium from what i have read. same with Icahn.

NYCFC II wont 3-2 today. Looked like they controlled the game. Hopefully we get good rotation in this game, don't look like they'll put the first team under too much pressure