Vancouver Postgame

thats what i thought at first but i had also noticed it in the training videos they post which seemed strange
I could be wrong, but I'd bet it's the same principle in both cases. He must get practice shot stopping, but probably does a lot of those reps with assistant coaches. When he is against starting players his role is to bolster their confidence - let them see the ball going into the net.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet it's the same principle in both cases. He must get practice shot stopping, but probably does a lot of those reps with assistant coaches. When he is against starting players his role is to bolster their confidence - let them see the ball going into the net.
Maybe the reason he hasn't played is they just haven't ever remembered to schedule practice for him.

Patrick Vieira: How did Lurch look this week. I'm thinking of making a change.
Rob Vartughian: Sorry coach, I forgot to work him out this week. He spent all week building up confidence for the forwards.
PV: Well just make sure to do it next week.

... one week later ...

PV: How did Lurch look this week. I'm thinking of making a change.
RV: Dammit. I forgot to work him out again, He spent all week building up confidence for the forwards.
PV: Oh well. Let's make sure for next week, OK?

... one week later ...

RV: The darndest thing.
PV: You forgot again?
RV: [sheepishly] I did.
PV: One of these weeks, Rob. One of these weeks.

Maybe the reason he hasn't played is they just haven't ever remembered to schedule practice for him.

Patrick Vieira: How did Lurch look this week. I'm thinking of making a change.
Rob Vartughian: Sorry coach, I forgot to work him out this week. He spent all week building up confidence for the forwards.
PV: Well just make sure to do it next week.

... one week later ...

RV: Dammit. I forgot to work him out again, He spent all week building up confidence for the forwards.
PV: Oh well. Let's make sure for next week, OK?

... one week later ...

RV: The darndest thing.
PV: You forgot again?
RV: [sheepishly] I did.
PV: One of these weeks, Rob. One of these weeks.

But Rob is the goalkeeping coach. Why would he work with the forwards?

Reactions: FootyLovin
Unless the question is "who could we have now that is better than Saunders?" Oh wait! That is the question.

Starks, you know your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

lol...yes if the question is who would be a better GK for us in 2016, then you can name 95% of the GKs in MLS and below that would be able to do a better job then our beloved Saunders.

I can see Saunders becoming a GK coach and either staying with NYCFC or another club. When he would train the GKs he would tell them..."do as I say, not as I did".....like my old man tells me.

With regards to McMath, he would be a temporary slight upgrade but he too leaves a lot to be desired. He is very unsure of himself, and has made PLENTY of bad plays and allowed PLENTY of soft goals. I think the most successful teams are the ones that have a defensive core for a number of years together and it all starts with the GK (i.e. RSL, Redbulls etc) When I say a number of years, I am talking about in relative terms. In this day in age, if you have a GK and a CB pairing for 3-4 years then you are golden. There is just so much roster turnover year in and year out.

lol...yes if the question is who would be a better GK for us in 2016, then you can name 95% of the GKs in MLS and below that would be able to do a better job then our beloved Saunders.

I can see Saunders becoming a GK coach and either staying with NYCFC or another club. When he would train the GKs he would tell them..."do as I say, not as I did".....like my old man tells me.

With regards to McMath, he would be a temporary slight upgrade but he too leaves a lot to be desired. He is very unsure of himself, and has made PLENTY of bad plays and allowed PLENTY of soft goals. I think the most successful teams are the ones that have a defensive core for a number of years together and it all starts with the GK (i.e. RSL, Redbulls etc) When I say a number of years, I am talking about in relative terms. In this day in age, if you have a GK and a CB pairing for 3-4 years then you are golden. There is just so much roster turnover year in and year out.
Macmath has given up only 8 goals this year. I'll take that any day over Saunders actually creating goals for the other team.

Reactions: Ulrich

Does McMath:
Place a guy on the near post: Check
Know where the goal is behind him when closing down the attacker: Check
Not recklessly leave the box for balls he can't get: Check
Catch shots rather than punch every one: Check
Play the ball first time with feet rather than lazy dribble in front of goal: Check
Kick the ball in bounds: Check
Not kick to covered defenders: Check

What was the question again?

It will be interesting to see hoe the portland GK situation plays out. Can we just steal the GK that gets stuck on the bench after Kwarasey comes back?

I don't like this cheer. It's pathetic, crass and lacks any creativity. The "we're fucking shit" chant actually comes from a tradition, but the real chant is:

We always lose away
We always lose at home
You're nothing special
We lose every week

That's clever. Our supporters could learn to class themselves up a bit. Same with the "Fuck Chicago" (or insert other team) cheers. There are such better options.

Deep Dish Sucks
Poutine Sucks
Etc.

roxfontaine this might be your next project.
This.

Though deep dish rocks.

Reactions: FootyLovin