Vegas Baby! Lv In Talks With Mls To Bring Expansion Club.

But what happens from Atlanta gets 7k to their brand new stadium?

I think having an established fan base is as important as the ownership group. Need to marry the two.
According to MLS, Atlanta already has almost 10k STH so I doubt getting 7k will be a problem.

Having an existing brand is nice but it's not been that important so far, not club ending for sure.

According to MLS, Atlanta already has almost 10k STH so I doubt getting 7k will be a problem.

Having an existing brand is nice but it's not been that important so far, not club ending for sure.

No, they have 10k people express interest in tickets. We had 3k make a deposit.

True it's 10k pledges but they can pack 4k now for a up and down Atlanta NASL team in the burbs. I'm sure they can get much more in downtown Atlanta for MLS.

I think Atlanta has a great setup (minus stadium share, but who are NYCFC to call the kettle black).

I wouldn't put too much stock into the Las Vegas expansion talk.

I believe that Sacramento, Indianapolis, San Antonio, Austin, and El Paso are all rumored to have met with the MLS and had preliminary discussions about an expansion franchise in their respective cities.

True it's 10k pledges but they can pack 4k now for a up and down Atlanta NASL team in the burbs. I'm sure they can get much more in downtown Atlanta for MLS.

I think Atlanta has a great setup (minus stadium share, but who are NYCFC to call the kettle black).
I'd LOVE to have to share that stadium.

In my opinion, it will be the greatest stadium on Earth when its completed.

Skip ahead to 26:00

The 360 degree video board on top of the stadium, the retractable roof that spins open and closed, the massive window of the city... just an incredible, incredible stadium.

gallery-Feb14-16-north-upper.jpg

Last edited:
And all on FieldTurf. Don't get me wrong, since the NFL owner is also the MLS and stadium owner, its a win,win, win. And the idea that it will have the ability to be more intimate like Vancouvers stadium is great and the stadium will be downtown, awesome. But I dislike the Turf concept. I always will.

The reason Las Vegas does not have an NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB team is that they don't want to directly be associated with gambling. It will surprise me if MLS gives them an expansion team.

The reason Las Vegas does not have an NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB team is that they don't want to directly be associated with gambling. It will surprise me if MLS gives them an expansion team.
This is old, and outdated, thinking.

First of all, Las Vegas has reformed a lot. While it is definitely one of the more unique cities on planet Earth, it is very much a family city like any other now.

Secondly, you look at the Premier League, where the advertising boards are awash in betting websites and the commercials at halftime are all about betting, and they have no problem with it. So why should MLS?

Las Vegas is BEGGING for a Major League club. MLS would love to fill that void and be the only game in such an attractive town....

There is a ton of other entertainment going on on a Saturday in Las Vegas, might be a tough sell.

This is old, and outdated, thinking.

First of all, Las Vegas has reformed a lot. While it is definitely one of the more unique cities on planet Earth, it is very much a family city like any other now.

Secondly, you look at the Premier League, where the advertising boards are awash in betting websites and the commercials at halftime are all about betting, and they have no problem with it. So why should MLS?

Las Vegas is BEGGING for a Major League club. MLS would love to fill that void and be the only game in such an attractive town....
Las Vegas may be family oriented, but what is is known for is gambling.

Have you ever seen a British telecast of an EPL game? Its like one big advertisement for gambling....
Barclays Premier League has all sorts of problems with fixed matches. We don't need that here. IMO stay away from Las Vegas.

These commercials play non-stop before the game and during halftime where they give you real-time bets to make....