Was One Of The 80k That Won A Ticket To Hail Pope Franscisco @central Park

TabascoDiva

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 28, 2014
Wow what an unique once in a lifetime experience!! to be part of this event. It was so unique that the time of 18 hours spent getting ready, printing the ticket traveling, wondering what I should wear to greet a Holy Man, and waiting on a never ending line under a hot blistering sun with no shade or water.

The lines just crawled one inch by inch to discover that 80 thousand folks also needed to use disgusting filthy portable toilets stalls for a sighting of the Pope that lasted barely a blink of an eye. Don't miss understand , to me it was still a spiritual experience to see a person with such charisma and gift to change our world to cross my path.

Standing by the metal fences eagerly craning our necks to get a glimpse, taking pticures and by the time I achieved this single one picture shot, Pope Francisco had passed by me in a blink of an eye.

There are 2 ironies to this story :

1- took me 16 hours to get ready for such event and while I was pressing my finger to take the picture the pope passed by me looking at the folks on the other side.

2- How disorganized the event was, Although there signs for ADA Check -in lines , Everyone was everywhere, and all were crawling not because security was checking the tickets. NO ONE was verifying if the tickets were authentic. At one point standing in that frozen hot line, someone from the staff yelled put away your ticket. You don't need them.

Mister DiaBlasso, Oh Mayor, We don't mean to call you Mr Devil, its our Spanish accent that make us miss pronounce your name. Lol... I want to suggest for events of this nature you must call Yankee Stadium to get the name of the company for the best well trained tough security staff you will need . Security at YS is awesome. No one gets through unless properly inspected. and for those that cause mayhem, they get tassered and kicked out of the event.

Last edited:
I was there early. So really didnt encounter any issues. Right now im a bit sore for being on my feet from 930am-630pm.... Ive gotten too comfy in life sitting at a desk from 9-5. I would have sat on the ground like i saw most people, but a lil sacrifice is not that bad. I was in the front with my NYCF founding member bag. (Would have gone with my jersey and scarf....but mom would have none of it)

Reactions: TabascoDiva