What Happens To Mix?

Mix will be out for possibly a month missing 4-5 matches because of Gold Cup duty.

I can't believe the squad Klinsmann called up. Seems like he's really trying to drive home his argument for the MLS switching to a fall-spring season.

If you're looking for an all out attacking side to NYCFC look for Villa & Nemec up top. Lampard as attacking mid with Poku, Mix and Velasquez right behind him. Pirlo behind the three as defensive mid and 3 defenders (Hernandez, Facey, and Calle) for a 2-1-3-1-3-1.
On defense, Poku and can fall back, Lampard falls back and Pirlo pushes forward to make 2-4-4-1.
Nemec's use of his body can create open space for Lampard to maul right through or make basketball type pick and rolls. Look for Shelton as fresh legs for Lampard.
Pirlo as defensive mid gives him the opportunity to look at the field and create the plays from the back as brain #1. Mix as center mid gives him the opportunity to set up lampard and the rest as brain #2. Mix and Pirlo would make a great great team if they both were to be in sync.
Or am I just dreaming....

Agreed, which is why I don't understand his insistence on changing the season. My point was more that traditionally the Gold Cup squad has been a B/C team, and it seems kind of pointless to deprive the MLS squads of their best American players for a tournament nobody cares about. Unless he's trying to pressure the MLS to switch by making it clear that he's going to be taking the best players for a month every other year otherwise.

Agreed, which is why I don't understand his insistence on changing the season. My point was more that traditionally the Gold Cup squad has been a B/C team, and it seems kind of pointless to deprive the MLS squads of their best American players for a tournament nobody cares about. Unless he's trying to pressure the MLS to switch by making it clear that he's going to be taking the best players for a month every other year otherwise.
Only in the off-year tournaments, and only for US & Mexico. When you're battling for a place in Confeds Cup, it's bring the best you have.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT