Which Injured Player Do We Need Back?

Which injured NYCFC player do we most need back for the playoffs?

• Chanot

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Lampard

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Mendoza

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viewfrom226

Registered
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Away Days Liaison
Jan 17, 2016
Long Island
I posted this on Twitter, but I'm curious to see if the Forum produces a different answer. Which of our three injured players (sorry Connor Brandt) do you think we most need back for the playoffs? I have my own view, but I'm eager to see what the group thinks.

Reactions: Kjbert
Chanot. Hands down.

And not to discount the productivity that Lampard has brought, but I would almost argue that we need Mendoza moreso than Lampard back, healthy, and available.
I'm squarely with you. Chanot is absolutely they key for me if we are going to get anywhere in the playoffs. I say that as someone who fully appreciates what Lampard has brought, but also recognizes his shortcomings (i.e., I'm probably in the middle of the group on the Lampard issue).

Chanot. Hands down.

And not to discount the productivity that Lampard has brought, but I would almost argue that we need Mendoza moreso than Lampard back, healthy, and available.
Agreed. I also think it would be beneficial to have Lampard and Mendoza as super-subs depending on the score and where the opposing defense is looking weakest. If we need another speed option because the defense is slow, Mendoza gives us that. If we need a bigger target in the box, we put in Frank. And if we need to go ham and throw everything at the net, bring them both on.

I believe that Frank is a great addition to our offensive expenditure, but also a large hindrance to the defensive abilities of this team. Therefore, instead of him going the whole 90, we bring him on as a sub in the 75th or 80th minute.

Due to Mendoza's lack of a touch or a right foot, I don't think he should be thrown into the starting 11 either. Can have a better impact vs. a tired RB or LB and burn by them quite easily. As long as he doesn't have a 1v1 with the goalie, we should be okay.

I'm concluding that we will have a bye for the playoffs. That being said, our first match will be the two leg aggregate away goal tiebreaker conference semifinals. So it's more important to not give up goals than scoring them.

So, I'm going with Chanot. But I feel Lampard really opens up the field so the attacking as it gives us another huge option.

Reactions: Goodfella
I'm concluding that we will have a bye for the playoffs. That being said, our first match will be the two leg aggregate away goal tiebreaker conference semifinals. So it's more important to not give up goals than scoring them.

So, I'm going with Chanot. But I feel Lampard really opens up the field so the attacking as it gives us another huge option.
DON'T CONCLUDE YET DAMMIT

Well, we are at 11-0-0 in favor of Chanot here. Twitter vote is currently:
Chanot - 16
Lampard - 30
Mendoza - 4

Not surprising, but another bit of confirmatory evidence that this board is a skewed perspective on how even the broader serious/semi-serious fan base (i.e., those serious enough to follow and vote in a twitter poll) perceives the team.

Obviously would want them both healthy but if I have to pick one, I would still go with the $6m man.

I agree with all posters about having enough offense and need to tighten up the defense, but in playoffs I'm putting my money on more offense prowess. Lampard has scored too many game winners, Champions league finals, FA cup finals goals through his career and has proven this season he still can do it for me not to put my money on him.

I posted this on Twitter, but I'm curious to see if the Forum produces a different answer. Which of our three injured players (sorry Connor Brandt) do you think we most need back for the playoffs? I have my own view, but I'm eager to see what the group thinks.
Shannon Gomez wondering why he feels bummed out all of a sudden.

As much as I really like Lamps, I'd choose Chanot over him for the playoffs. Having watched him train on Tuesday and asked how he's doing, I'd say he will start vs DC.
That would be awesome. NYCFCfan had indicated on another thread that Chanot is at least in the mix for Sunday based on meeting him last night. A friend of mine who was there last night said he thought more like two weeks after talking to him.

Personally, my goal would be to get him out there against Columbus so he can get a run out before the playoffs, and if he goes this weekend, all the better. Whatever it is exactly, the overall time frame is very positive.

It's a close one, but I went with Lamps. I haven't really seen enough of Chanot to know how much better he actually is than the rest of our CBs. All he needs to do is have one or two screw ups and the wheels will come off the bandwagon above this post. I think we give up playoff goals whether Chanot is there or not, and I think it comes down to us being able to outscore the other team.

Chanot (hopefully) slows the leak at the back, but Lampard does this:

upload_2016-10-13_16-10-52.png

Chanot & Brillant went 90+ that game. We still gave up 2, and who saved us in the end?