Which Injured Player Do We Need Back?

Which injured NYCFC player do we most need back for the playoffs?

• Chanot

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Lampard

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Mendoza

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a close one, but I went with Lamps. I haven't really seen enough of Chanot to know how much better he actually is than the rest of our CBs. All he needs to do is have one or two screw ups and the wheels will come off the bandwagon above this post. I think we give up playoff goals whether Chanot is there or not, and I think it comes down to us being able to outscore the other team.

Chanot (hopefully) slows the leak at the back, but Lampard does this:

View attachment 5970

Chanot & Brillant went 90+ that game. We still gave up 2, and who saved us in the end?

We also didn't give up 4.

I think it's a really tough call. I picked Chanot - not because I think he is inherently better or more valuable than Frank - but because I think there is a bigger dropoff to the player who starts in his place. With Frank out, we can put in Shelton or Mendoza (or Mix, although we won't), and they've been very good for us. With no Chanot, we have Mena, and while there are some things about his game I like, it's a far bigger dropoff - and what Chanot gives us is critical if we end up facing the Red Bulls.

I think it's a really tough call. I picked Chanot - not because I think he is inherently better or more valuable than Frank - but because I think there is a bigger dropoff to the player who starts in his place. With Frank out, we can put in Shelton or Mendoza (or Mix, although we won't), and they've been very good for us. With no Chanot, we have Mena, and while there are some things about his game I like, it's a far bigger dropoff - and what Chanot gives us is critical if we end up facing the Red Bulls.
This pretty much sums up where I am. On a marginal value basis, I take Chanot. Plus, to be candid, I cannot see us beating the RB over 180 minutes with either Mena as a primary distributor and/or playing the slightly contrived system we used against Houston (much as I enjoyed watching and thinking about it).

We avoid RB in the playoffs, I like our chances at the cup.
Oh no. I've said this 20 times, and the sunshine gang hates it. But it's still true.

Also, I'm going with Chanot because we do play better without Lampard. Lampard is useful for scoring. But I think the team is more solid without him, and in playoffs, I think you can expect cagey games. Lampard standing around for 83 of 90 will not be so useful.

We avoid RB in the playoffs, I like our chances at the cup.

We have as good of chance as any to win the East, but I'll put $20 down now on the Western Conference representative winning the Cup.

As long as the Red Bulls don't win it, I'll be ok. I'd rather see Gio and Bradley hoist the Cup as this may be Bradley's last year in MLS for a while.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
Just to close-out the thread, we came in at:
Chanot - 32/80%
Lampard - 8/20%
Mendoza - 0/0%

Twitter was:
Chanot- 26/37%
Lampard- 39/56%
Mendoza- 5/7%

Good discussion above. Thanks to all who voted and contributed.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Hobo