Yankee Stadium to undergo numerous enhancements

What is this? A playground for ants?

Honestly, this just shows you that baseball is not a sport for America's youth anymore. It's so slow that Yankee Stadium needs to build a playground to keep kids entertained.
enhancements-4_990x624_family.jpg

The real question: will they lay a soccer pitch across that diamond for NYCFC match days?

This is why you re-finance and consolidate debt, while also taking out a new credit facility.

All those jobs will be more vendors for all the social bars they're opening up. Will NYCFC have LOBIABSIMLSINA? (Largest Outdoor Bar In A Baseball Stadium In Major League Soccer In North America?)

Last edited:
Most of it will be obstructed, though. Those two sections were never sold for our games for that reason.
That's not right, I don't think. I think you'd have the a slightly lower, closer to midfield BES view (which the club touts as the best "soccer seats" in the house).

The bigger issue I see now that I look again is that there aren't actual seats there for purchase, at least that I can tell.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm really bummed out about this.

I was hoping for something akin to more field level seating or any way to make this stadium better for soccer. These seem like ways to sell more beer and chicken buckets.

That's not right, I don't think. I think you'd have the a slightly lower, closer to midfield BES view (which the club touts as the best "soccer seats" in the house).

The bigger issue I see now that I look again is that there aren't actual seats there for purchase, at least that I can tell.

Right, but the "Bullpen Landing" is the old section 201 and section 239. The Batter's Eye section is being expanded -- that's over the sports bar so that won't change at all. But the area that used to be tarped off, most of that would be an obstructed view for soccer.

I hope they at least halt construction during game time. Then again, some power drills and jack hammers may finally drown out the City Beats.
Wait....... that noise I've been hearing hasn't been from a construction crew???
giphy.gif

Reactions: adam
Once again the Yankees have their finger on the pulse of the fans. THIS is what we wanted -- not lower ticket prices.

LOL! Seriously, where are they getting this info from. Which fans want more places to drink? There's gotta be at least two dozen places already. It's a friggin baseball stadium. Sit in your seat and watch the game.

LOL! Seriously, where are they getting this info from. Which fans want more places to drink? There's gotta be at least two dozen places already. It's a friggin baseball stadium. Sit in your seat and watch the game.

You clearly haven't spend a lot of time around millennials, who aren't sitting down to watch baseball...

I don't understand why they don't make more of the outfield fence mobile (or if it already is, which I suspect, why they don't move it). They could easily widen the field a good 4 yards.

Might could get a few more yards of length, too.

Not going to lie, I was hoping for changes that would indicate an intent for the field to be better for our matches.

You clearly haven't spend a lot of time around millennials, who aren't sitting down to watch baseball...

I hear ya. I know we're all guilty of starting at our screens. I just like the fact that live sporting events (especially soccer) give you the chance to leave it in your pocket for a few hours. I don't know if what Yankees stadium is lacking is more social places away from the field.

I hear ya. I know we're all guilty of starting at our screens. I just like the fact that live sporting events (especially soccer) give you the chance to leave it in your pocket for a few hours. I don't know if what Yankees stadium is lacking is more social places away from the field.
I think it's all baseball driven, since it's insufferable without something to break it up.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich

Target Market:

This isn't 1916 we're talking about.

Reactions: thesauerchise
I think it's all baseball driven, since it's insufferable without something to break it up.

It's funny because while I still enjoy baseball it's become unbearable to watch both on TV and live. I would much prefer these days to watch soccer... You can zone out for ten minutes and not miss a single thing in a baseball game. I think a lot of people are of the opinion that soccer is the same but it's the complete opposite... Almost no breaks and constant action. No waiting 30-45 seconds between pitches.

Reactions: Kevin
It's funny because while I still enjoy baseball it's become unbearable to watch both on TV and live. I would much prefer these days to watch soccer... You can zone out for ten minutes and not miss a single thing in a baseball game. I think a lot of people are of the opinion that soccer is the same but it's the complete opposite... Almost no breaks and constant action. No waiting 30-45 seconds between pitches.

Soccer is the perfect modern day sport for the active lifestyle. No stoppages, no commercials, game time length is consistent. American football is just as bad as baseball now. I have 2 young kids and they are just as busy as me with school, sports, activities. Another plus is there's high level soccer played all year round.