2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game Presented by Audi

Why MLS has the All Star Game in the middle of the season? I personally enjoy watching it , however I agree with Viera. Its quite distracting, a team risks injury to their best players, and causes physical and emotional stress on everyone, having to travel from East to West , North and South . Wouldn't it be better at end of season?
Only thing I can think of is that the big name clubs from Europe would be in the middle of their season, and most definitely wouldn't come over here just for a pointless exhibition. It'd probably have to be against a South American or Mexican club, which may not garner as much interest or $$$.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
His taste is certainly more complex than tannins and heavy fruit. Dude has been drinking old world a long time. I'm a relative noob and Cali red is way down. Lacks complexity and just generally uninteresting unless you're on a corp account trying to impress your client with an over priced bottle of '97-'07 Napa cab. And that is still uninteresting to me. But I'm a weird motherfucker, no doubt.

This.

There are wines from California that Pirlo would no doubt love, but you have to know about them to find them, and that takes a lot of research (which basically means drinking, which is no hardship, believe me). I like Napa Cabs, but hardly ever buy them because they are way too expensive for what you get. There are some wonderful pinots from across the mountains in Sonoma, and I found a producer of old vine zinfandel that I buy, but I am more likely to go with something esoteric from Europe. It's really just pricing. If you know where to look, you can find something that is just as good or better for 1/5 the cost of the wines from Napa. Same is true of Bordeaux.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
This.

There are wines from California that Pirlo would no doubt love, but you have to know about them to find them, and that takes a lot of research (which basically means drinking, which is no hardship, believe me). I like Napa Cabs, but hardly ever buy them because they are way too expensive for what you get. There are some wonderful pinots from across the mountains in Sonoma, and I found a producer of old vine zinfandel that I buy, but I am more likely to go with something esoteric from Europe. It's really just pricing. If you know where to look, you can find something that is just as good or better for 1/5 the cost of the wines from Napa. Same is true of Bordeaux.
We actually pretty much stick to French with a smattering of other old world (geographically, not style) and some Argentinian and non-Napa west coast offerings (Alexander valley has some good stuff).

Mythic Rosé has been the wine of summer for us. Great bang for the buck at $11. We are massive malbec fans at my house, so the Mythic wines all get a run for us.

I love finding value wines. Almost finished with my bottles of pigi 2004 which is hands down the best value in wine that I've ever come across. It's a Sirah/cab blend from Sicily. Very old world style and at $18 honestly beats the hell out of most any sub $150 wine I've had.

Sadly, I may have the last bottles in existence. A friend of mine and I bought every (both) cases we could find online about 4 years ago. If you ever see it, don't think, just buy it. All you can. And before you open a bottle, split your haul with me.