2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow, that doesn't sound rational on his part. He was making 2.3M euros at Roma.

6lxBmjv.png

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...premier-league-veterans-nigel-de-jong-joleon?

LAG also rumored to be going after de jong, lescott and Mike magee. Claims the think they can get de jong with TAM. I guess it makes sense considering the league will probably just add as much TAM as lag needs based on past history.
If there was one team's payroll that I'd like to see with all of the allocation money and league freebies attached/showing, it'd be LA. I realize they have zero depth beyond their starting 11, but there is no logical way that they can consistently get so many high caliber/name players in to their squad.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
If there was one team's payroll that I'd like to see with all of the allocation money and league freebies attached/showing, it'd be LA. I realize they have zero depth beyond their starting 11, but there is no logical way that they can consistently get so many high caliber/name players in to their squad.

De jong and Lescott are not high caliber players especially at this point of their careers. But somehow MLS fans are convinced that since they come from quality leagues and they were good in their prime, it will be smart to spend somewhat sizable money on them now. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple thousand cheaper players at lower divisions in Europe, S.America, or Africa who are much younger and would be equal or better than De jong and Lescott. The world is full of talent.

De jong and Lescott are not high caliber players especially at this point of their careers. But somehow MLS fans are convinced that since they come from quality leagues and they were good in their prime, it will be smart to spend somewhat sizable money on them now. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple thousand cheaper players at lower divisions in Europe, S.America, or Africa who are much younger and would be equal or better than De jong and Lescott. The world is full of talent.
You write that as if you think experience diminishes over time. 31 & 33 is not past their prime and they've been making way more than the non-DP maximum, so for each of them to take that amount (+TAM or whatever is being used) is a huge drop.

Reactions: Kjbert
You write that as if you think experience diminishes over time. 31 & 33 is not past their prime and they've been making way more than the non-DP maximum, so for each of them to take that amount (+TAM or whatever is being used) is a huge drop.

I don't discount experience at all. What I discount is the perceived need to get "names" who may be at 60-70% of their former ability rather than unheard of younger players from second or third division clubs who would be much cheaper and at equal or better talent.

De Jong and Lescott can absolutely play here. They are still good enough for MLS.

Also saw something on Twitter about MLS considering changing rules to get Ibra here. Probably because he wants to be the 4th DP somewhere.

De Jong and Lescott can absolutely play here. They are still good enough for MLS.

Also saw something on Twitter about MLS considering changing rules to get Ibra here. Probably because he wants to be the 4th DP somewhere.
Wait.... what ?!?!?! MLS is possibly changing the rules midstream to get another DP on the rosters ?!?!?! Is LA spearheading this???

Can you source that please? I'm not seeing it.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/usa/mls-skulle-andra-sina-regler-bara-for-att-fa-over-zlatan/

It's super speculative. Basically saying that MLS has changed rules in the past to let stars play where they want to, they might even add a 4th DP spot just to be able to add Ibra to the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.