2016 Jersey Thread

You know. Based on the Adidas catalog leak, I'm not completely sold on this new leak. The color scheme just doesn't really match up. Especially with the navy shorts with sky blue stripes...

It also looks like we are going with the sky blue shorts with the matching top this year. Bummer. I thought the light shirt with white shorts looked great.

MLS-S16-6_close.png

MLS-S16-11.png

It all comes down to the shorts. The black jersey looked great with blue shorts, horrible with black shorts. Blue jersey looked great with white shorts, bad with blue.

Reactions: Kjbert
It all comes down to the shorts. The black jersey looked great with blue shorts, horrible with black shorts. Blue jersey looked great with white shorts, bad with blue.
Wait. Did they actually play in black tops, blue shorts at some point? I wanted to see that all year, but don't remember actually seeing it.

Reactions: Kjbert
I like it, but it would be more consistent if the Etihad and adidas logos were in light blue instead of white.

I also don't like the triple stripes down the side, but what are you going to do. Adidas just won't stop.

The sleeves look very nice. I wish more of the collar were orange. It looks like just the back inside of the neck is orange, so you won't really see it when it's on.
You might be on to something there. With our logo containing four colors (dark blue, light blue, white, orange), I can't really understand why we're going with a solid for our away jersey vs. having a traditional style pattern (e.g. Diagonal slash, stripes, hoops, checks, shirt / sleeve two tone). Really limiting.

You might be on to something there. With our logo containing four colors (dark blue, light blue, white, orange), I can't really understand why we're going with a solid for our away jersey vs. having a traditional style pattern (e.g. Diagonal slash, stripes, hoops, checks, shirt / sleeve two tone). Really limiting.
sponsor, logo & Adidas in just orange would be FIRE.

You know. Based on the Adidas catalog leak, I'm not completely sold on this new leak. The color scheme just doesn't really match up. Especially with the navy shorts with sky blue stripes...

It also looks like we are going with the sky blue shorts with the matching top this year. Bummer. I thought the light shirt with white shorts looked great.

MLS-S16-6_close.png

MLS-S16-11.png

This is a really good point. There is no way they pair the navy top with orange stripes on the side with the navy shorts with blue stripes on the side.

At least, I hope not.

Last edited:
This is a really good point. There is no way they pair the navy top with orange stripes on the side with the navy shorts with blue stripes on the side.

At lewst, I hope not.
I'd love it if the stripes down the sides were sky blue. Minimal orange on the sleeves and the color still works and it ties into the overall aesthetic. I'd like to see Etihad in sky blue as well.