2016 Jersey Thread

I think the version we saw leaked online is the same model (i.e. structure, design, format) for the real jersey but where all the orange is is actually going to be the color of the stripes on the shorts. "Sky" blue or whatever blue that blue is going to be called will be on the names and numbers and possibly Etihad and the Adidas logo on the front.

The official name, for better or worse, is "City Blue". There is also "Amsterdam Orange". This according to the esteemed graphic designer Matthew Wolff.

Central Park Snow White and Hudson River Navy Blue too?

Reactions: BxLio91
I thought it was pretty obviously a fake when you consider the MLS catalog had the dark blue shorts with light blue stripes.

Just no black kits again. I didn't like those. Makes no sense for us.

...but if he is a "former" nycfc man - maybe he doesn't know what is current. Just saying tho...
All of the apparel manufacturers (Adidas, Nike, etc) have the next season's designs (running, soccer, basketball, etc) done well over a year ahead of time (a good friend is in the running store business and they place orders well in advance of the current season). It takes so much time to get approvals/sign offs from all connected parties just to proceed to production, and then production across wherever their factories are in Asia takes time to - remember, each of these companies have multiple teams with different designs & colors that requires modifying equipment and settings. It can't be done last minute. I'd wager that the team's full supply of stock has been in the warehouse for some time now.

I thought it was pretty obviously a fake when you consider the MLS catalog had the dark blue shorts with light blue stripes.

hP0NSelc0zH6U.gif

To be fair, we had dark blue shorts with city blue stripes as training shorts last preseason...

1511563_402944706545658_8114814815801536523_o.jpg

No it isn't. We wear white and blue. Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, Giants. All the classy teams don't wear black.
Name me one normal person in NYC that wears Orange and Blue together when they go out of the house? NYC fashion is all about Black with shades of Grey. If the team wants to represent NYC, then Black has to be part of the ensemble - doesn't have to be an official color, but it has to be included. I'd be fine with a black dominated third jersey.....

Name me one normal person in NYC that wears Orange and Blue together when they go out of the house? NYC fashion is all about Black with shades of Grey. If the team wants to represent NYC, then Black has to be part of the ensemble - doesn't have to be an official color, but it has to be included. I'd be fine with a black dominated third jersey.....

lol what? you never been to knick games? all around 34th street theres people rocking that orange....or do you mean non sporting events

Reactions: Kjbert