2017 Roster Discussion

No way, that's great for the league but sucks for us.
As long as we're don't fuck around and cushion our hold on 2nd place, he has earned it. Odds are he won't get too many minutes, gets the sendoff he deserves, and comes back ready to play.

Then again, many Spain fans throw out Villa starting as CF again and would take him over Costa (who I don't think was named) right now, so... Who knows? Good reason to watch

As long as we're don't fuck around and cushion our hold on 2nd place, he has earned it. Odds are he won't get too many minutes, gets the sendoff he deserves, and comes back ready to play.

Then again, many Spain fans throw out Villa starting as CF again and would take him over Costa (who I don't think was named) right now, so... Who knows? Good reason to watch
Just checked, Coasta wasn't called up. Morata was. Maybe Villa plays the less important game against that team I can't pronounce. Their other rival is Italy.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
Just checked, Coasta wasn't called up. Morata was. Maybe Villa plays the less important game against that team I can't pronounce. Their other rival is Italy.

Who knows? Against Bonnucci and Chiellini I would rather go for speedy dribbling and combined play (Villa), than for headers and high crosses (Morata). I am simplifying, but I think Italy would love for Spain to go physical with Morata rather than sneaky and cunning with Villa.

Reactions: Kjbert
Who knows? Against Bonnucci and Chiellini I would rather go for speedy dribbling and combined play (Villa), than for headers and high crosses (Morata). I am simplifying, but I think Italy would love for Spain to go physical with Morata rather than sneaky and cunning with Villa.
Haha would honestly be amazing to watch him play against Italy. But if you check twitter, everyone is going crazy about Villa. Whether they hate him or love him.

Lick ten stein
giphy.gif

Sep 2 vs. Italy
Sep 5 vs. Liechtenstein

You have to think he plays in one of the two games. Would be great to see him run out at home against Italy. Spain and Italy are tied atop the WC Qualifying group, so this is a huge game. Neither team wants to finish 2nd and risk the elimination match.

We have a game against Sporting KC on Wed, Sep 6. Unless Villa is released early, he would have to fly back the morning of that game. I think we can count him out of that one, except for maybe a short appearance off the bench if we are chasing a goal.

It just hit me that we have had or will have 7 starters with NT call-ups this year. If Callens becomes the 8th, NYCFC might becoming a Club where players with NT aspirations want to be.

We really need more depth.

Congrats to him though it'll suck if we drop too many points and lose 2nd and the bye.

Quick scroll through twitter seem to be a fair number of people whining about him getting picked over Fabergas.

Reactions: Kjbert
So...do we even have a chance on 9/6 vs SKC? Feels like we are going to be missing half the team
Herrera was just called up as well.

So at the moment, we would be without Ring, Villa, and Herrera. I'm sure Wallace will get called up as well. With the way SeanJohn is playing, he may get called up. And I wouldn't throw out the possibility of Callens.

Add injuries to Camargo, Chanot, and Matarrita, and it's not looking good.