2017 Roster Discussion

Herrera was just called up as well.

So at the moment, we would be without Ring, Villa, and Herrera. I'm sure Wallace will get called up as well. With the way SeanJohn is playing, he may get called up. And I wouldn't throw out the possibility of Callens.

Add injuries to Camargo, Chanot, and Matarrita, and it's not looking good.

I guess we know when Pirlo's next start will be.

It just hit me that we have had or will have 7 starters with NT call-ups this year. If Callens becomes the 8th, NYCFC might becoming a Club where players with NT aspirations want to be.

We really need more depth.

What we need to do is sign only Germans, Argentinians and Brazilians. That way we know that, not matter how good they are for MLS, they will probably not be called. Enough with the ticos, Venezuelans, Peruvians and Finns. Jeez! I thought we were safe with a 35 y.o Spaniard and then Diego Costa behaves like an ass again.

Herrera was just called up as well.

So at the moment, we would be without Ring, Villa, and Herrera. I'm sure Wallace will get called up as well. With the way SeanJohn is playing, he may get called up. And I wouldn't throw out the possibility of Callens.

Add injuries to Camargo, Chanot, and Matarrita, and it's not looking good.

Say everyone that could/should be called up does...

------Lewis--Okoli--Harrison---
--------Moralez-McNamara-----
---------------Lopez---------------
-Sweat-Brillant-Sands?-White-
------------Johansen--------------

You can't play both Pirlo and Moralez together.

Reactions: Ulrich
If we didn't have any injuries and the Peruvian NT coach weren't an idiot, we could realistically expect/fear up to 8 call ups from our ideal starting XI: SJ, Matarrita, Callens, Chanot, Ring, Herrera, Wallace, Villa. That's apocalyptic.

Reactions: Kjbert

1st sub: Lurch for headers in the box
2nd sub: Rawls for headers in the box
3rd sub: (pick between Awuah, Stertzer, and Pirlo)

<nobody get in a tizzy.... I'm crying as I write this>

I think as long as you have over 8 available players you're not required to forfeit. Technically, 14 players is all you need for a "full squad".
Fairly certain we've already had at least one matchday 17. I think it was last year in an away game in Canada.

1st sub: Lurch for headers in the box
2nd sub: Rawls for headers in the box
3rd sub: (pick between Awuah, Stertzer, and Pirlo)

<nobody get in a tizzy.... I'm crying as I write this>
just play lopez as CB... Lord knows we throw him in any position anyways and he cant play any of them well

Did Sands see any time at CB during pre-season? Should be interesting to see where he plays, sounds like he's been playing a bunch at CB before joining NYCFC so maybe that's just preferred position now? If PV sees him as a CDM maybe we see White at CB and RJ or Lopez at RB.

Did Sands see any time at CB during pre-season? Should be interesting to see where he plays, sounds like he's been playing a bunch at CB before joining NYCFC so maybe that's just preferred position now? If PV sees him as a CDM maybe we see White at CB and RJ or Lopez at RB.

For NYCFC in preseason he played as a DM. For the Academy a US U17s he plays CB.

The only other play is move White to CB and play RJ at RB.

For NYCFC in preseason he played as a DM. For the Academy a US U17s he plays CB.

The only other play is move White to CB and play RJ at RB.

Technically Sweat was billed as a LB and a CB when he was signed so he's a possibility as well but I agree White seems much more likely. After watching Sweat for a half a season I see nothing in his game that indicates that he would do well as a CB so maybe it was just a typo in the announcement.

Lewis-Okoli-Harrison
McNamara-Lopez-Moralez
Sweat-Brillant-White-Allen
Eirik

Bench: Pirlo, Awuah, Sands, Rawls, Sterzer, Shelton

That's tough but doable. Shelton and Sterzer are probably the only two subs you use. With two matches in 4 days, you probably see Pirlo start one match if his fitness allows it. Shelton starts one match.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Lewis-Okoli-Harrison
McNamara-Lopez-Moralez
Eirik

That's tough but doable. Shelton and Sterzer are probably the only two subs you use. With two matches in 4 days, you probably see Pirlo start one match if his fitness allows it. Shelton starts one match.
Pencil Sands in for the MF - I have no idea which the lesser of two evils is with TMac/Lopez.

I'd wager the subs are: Shelton, Awuah, and Lopez (if he doesn't start - no third if he does).

Let's pray Wallace & SJ don't get NT invites.

Lewis-Okoli-Harrison
McNamara-Lopez-Moralez
Eirik

Johansen long punts to Okoli and hope one of the other guys can get to the ball first. We have different definitions of doable.

Lewis-Okoli-Harrison
McNamara-Lopez-Moralez
Eirik

i disagree with this for all sorts of reasons but even if this is the players you want to go with why is moralez on the wing and lopez playing CAM? at least swap the 2.

Reactions: dkalev
Lewis-Okoli-Harrison
McNamara-Lopez-Moralez
Eirik

"pirlo start one match if his fitness allows it"
Funny, ive seen ethan white and lopez start many matches even though their skill and talent didnt allow it.

Lewis-Okoli-Harrison
McNamara-Lopez-Moralez
Eirik

Stertzer will never step foot onto the field for NYCFC again.