2018 Roster Discussion

It's cool to see someone moving up the CFG ladder. I don't know if anyone else has gone from Torque to another CFG club before.

Reactions: Kjbert
1) So he's Argentinean. Torque bought him?
2) How long is the loan for?
3) Transfermarkt has him as a CAM almost exclusively. We assume he'll play centrally then?

We had 2 international spots. Eloi and now Taty. So no LB?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
3) Transfermarkt has him as a CAM almost exclusively. We assume he'll play centrally then?

argentina > u de chile> torque
loan till end of 2018 with option to buy
well find out soon for other two

Edit:

Wondering whether Castellanos might be the league's first YAM signing, even before it's officially announced. He certainly fits the profile.

what would be difference between TAM and YAM then? just extra pool of money to use for a U23 type player?

Old progression was south american kid on the street gets noticed and joins a local club for next to nothing, shows promise and gets shipped to peripheral europe for 3-5mm, then shows more promise and joins big 4 league for 10-15mm, even more promise and its 30-40mm+ to Champions League club.

MLS is like wait, I own all the contracts, I'm like the first step in this progression times 30. Only thing is we don't got enough "kids in the streets", they all go to basketball, football, baseball, so they decided to insert themselves between step 1 & 2. Offer fringe players 1-3mm to come here on hopes they could be shipped off to europe for 3-5mm. Call it some fancy development program but its the old business model with a little more capital investment. tbh not a terrible business to be in, which I could invest.

Last edited:

We could still sign an American / Canadian Citizen / permanent resident or buy an international spot though.

We could still sign an American / Canadian Citizen / permanent resident or buy an international spot though.
Maybe we’re transferring somebody out??? Get rid of dead weight? Or maybe Mata is finally getting the move he’s wanted?