2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Reactions: dummyrun
Dome said he believes they can cobble together Villa’s on the field impact with multiple players. I read that to mean new multiple players.

If it’s this guy and players already on the roster...yikes

How is our roster suddenly "yikes"? I know it seems hard to remember but I'm pretty sure we were good last year.

Won't even be mad at him if he decides to fuck off somewhere else. We're hindering his development.
People always like to trumpet new MNT players who score their first few games in a row, but doubt many keep track of assists. Lewis has two caps and two assists, both game winning.

And under two different coaches he was a game changer when given the chance. NYCFC has done him wrong considering he was an up and coming YNT player and he’s barely gotten any minute in two seasons. Hell, considering who’s on this team, for me he’s one of the starting wingers and the other two positions are up for grabs, but I’m sure Dome will stick it to him saying his absence with the MNT has hindered his gelling with the team and therefore hasn’t earned playing time. Mark it.

People always like to trumpet new MNT players who score their first few games in a row, but doubt many keep track of assists. Lewis has two caps and two assists, both game winning.

And under two different coaches he was a game changer when given the chance. NYCFC has done him wrong considering he was an up and coming YNT player and he’s barely gotten any minute in two seasons. Hell, considering who’s on this team, for me he’s one of the starting wingers and the other two positions are up for grabs, but I’m sure Dome will stick it to him saying his absence with the MNT has hindered his gelling with the team and therefore hasn’t earned playing time. Mark it.
Three different coaches :)

Reactions: sundance and Ulrich
Three different coaches :)
Was referring to Vieira and Dome as club coaches - wasn’t including Berhalter because he’s playing him and is talking about Lewis having a real role with MNT, albeit hinging on playing time at club level with a coach that couldn’t see his value last year.