2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Mileage Run Season!

Lol I thought I was the only one who did this.

Just did my Delta flights. Also did a bunch of Stamford to Penn Station on AMTRAK to hit my reward tier there.

Lol I thought I was the only one who did this.

Just did my Delta flights. Also did a bunch of Stamford to Penn Station on AMTRAK to hit my reward tier there.

Oh damn, Amtrak? That’s some serious level mileage running.

I could buy Delta Gold with the elevate program, but I’d rather just rollover my surplus and be less than 5,000 from Silver which I’ll hit with trips this seasons. I think Gold for one year is worse than Silver for multiple years.

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh damn, Amtrak? That’s some seriously level mileage running.

I could buy Delta Gold with the elevate program, but I’d rather just rollover my surplus and be less than 5,000 from Silver which I’ll hit with trips this seasons. I think Gold for one year is worse than Silver for multiple years.

I was Gold once. I got upgraded once. It really wasn’t worth it.

I’m not traveling like I used to but can cobble
Together my Delta Silver every year.

The AMTRAK one is great because medallion status gets you a bunch of great perks (free trips, bonus points per trip, upgrade passes and BOGO vouchers), but it also unlocks better point transfer partners. You can transfer 10,000 AMTRAK points for a 5 star Hilton night. So yea, I’m an AMTRAK nerd.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I was Gold once. I got upgraded once. It really wasn’t worth it.

I’m not traveling like I used to but can cobble
Together my Delta Silver every year.

The AMTRAK one is great because medallion status gets you a bunch of great perks (free trips, bonus points per trip, upgrade passes and BOGO vouchers), but it also unlocks better point transfer partners. You can transfer 10,000 AMTRAK points for a 5 star Hilton night. So yea, I’m an AMTRAK nerd.

I've only been on Amtrak twice (one roundtrip) in the past 6 years of my life and don't see myself on trains much in the future for work otherwise.

I've been Delta Silver for a little more than 7 months and have seen a bunch of upgrades. It's likely because I'm flying odd routes at odd times. Flying to Montreal on a Friday, Toronto on a Saturday, Orlando on a Wednesday. Soccer travel is weird.

Oh damn, Amtrak? That’s some serious level mileage running.

Depends on where you fly from. And for NYC or ATL based Delta flyers, everything is shit except platinum.

But silver is pretty much as good as gold otherwise, so good call.

Depends on where you fly from. And for NYC or ATL based Delta flyers, everything is shit except platinum.

But silver is pretty much as good as gold otherwise, so good call.

I remember the old days as a Continental Platinum member when the Platinum line at Newark was longer than the general line.

Why not all three? Without having to remove your laptop...

You can choose the First Class line OR the TSA Precheck like. Some TSA folks will give you a slip of paper saying you are TSA Precheck in the First Class line. You can keep your shoes on, but the laptops have to come out. If they don’t, you get extra screening (guilty of that).

im sorry. what does this nonsense have to do with our roster? @mods please remove these comments thanks.

no rodney wallace next year is good.

If you don’t like it, don’t read it

If you don’t like it, don’t read it
i have to read it as i get a notification expecting posts on the topic. if you two wanna go on a vacation together and hold hands in first class, take it to your PMs and plan there.

so glad rodney wallace is gone.

i have to read it as i get a notification expecting posts on the topic. if you two wanna go on a vacation together and hold hands in first class, take it to your PMs and plan there.

Why do you have a notification

Why do you have a notification on