2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Listen, I feel you. Neither of us has won the top flight since the 1980s. We’re all in the same boat.
Mis-spelled “town” there.

And since I’m correcting things , LFC won the title in ‘90.

Okay, really. I'm done now. I can't deal with the guilt that comes along with picking on such a less fortunate group. ;)

But he came in January. How do you get a free in January?
giphy.gif

you'll get it eventually...

Last edited:
I know nothing about this player.

First reaction is that I don’t like it. But without knowing more about the player and what Dome thinks the depth chart will look like in March, I’ll reserve comment

Be nice to have a fact to throw back at the accusations of corrupt self-dealing between Man City and NYC.

I mean. I approve of such accusations when NYC fans make them, but it's annoying AF when other MLS fans start whining about it.

But our Organization just made our opponent better for the benefit of Man City. It’s one thing to make us worse for man city (lampard), which is messed up. But this is extra messed up. Unless Dome thought he has no talent or isn’t a difference maker, this really irks me. I bet NJRB might also pay some good money to Man City for a need position. Come on CFG, work your magic and make a few bucks for the mothership. Fuck me.

Reactions: Kjbert
But our Organization just made our opponent better for the benefit of Man City. It’s one thing to make us worse for man city (lampard), which is messed up. But this is extra messed up. Unless Dome thought he has no talent or isn’t a difference maker, this really irks me. I bet NJRB might also pay some good money to Man City for a need position. Come on CFG, work your magic and make a few bucks for the mothership. Fuck me.
What if he’s on the field when NYCFC plays LAG and scores an own goal?

Honestly hate to sound like a fair weather fan or "Plastic" as they say in England but currently my motivation to make it to many matches this season is rather low. I don't have the time or disposable income I did the first season or I'm afraid the excitement . Coming down from Connecticut It's sort of an all day commitment for me. With Hartford Athletic coming into USL and being about half the travel time and cheaper ticket wise I really need that big name or big time young talent that blows away anything I can possibly see in USL to entice me to the Stadium much this year.

Honestly hate to sound like a fair weather fan or "Plastic" as they say in England but currently my motivation to make it to many matches this season is rather low. I don't have the time or disposable income I did the first season or I'm afraid the excitement . Coming down from Connecticut It's sort of an all day commitment for me. With Hartford Athletic coming into USL and being about half the travel time and cheaper ticket wise I really need that big name or big time young talent that blows away anything I can possibly see in USL to entice me to the Stadium much this year.
Good news is, if you can’t come see the team in New York, the team may come see you in Hartford

I'm taking LionMOD decision to remove the prior posts about Liverpool and a certain Liverpool player that was a rumored to come to MLS originated from The Sun. Neither of these topics have specifically to NYCFC's 2019 Roster Discussion. The Sun is a banned source on r/soccer, r/MLS, and r/NYCFC.

And let's all remember to behave ourselves and treat those as we want to be treated.