2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
am i the only one who loves when Midas Mulligan goes on a rant? When i first started on this forum i couldnt stand him, but now i look forward to when he posts, its pure entertainment.

I love his rants - agree or disagree, they are pure entertainment. His ad hominems against other board members - not so much.

And now the Club has provided the list of players traveling to Abu Dhabi. Includes some academy guys and trialists our one unsigned draft pick.

DyA4ekIX4AE3z0n.jpg:large

And now the Club has provided the list of players traveling to Abu Dhabi. Includes some academy guys and trialists our one unsigned draft pick.

DyA4ekIX4AE3z0n.jpg:large
The one missing person from your depth chart is SAS. Do we know his status? Frankly I was surprised to see him on your chart as I guess I thought we released him, but has there been any announcement?

am i the only one who loves when Midas Mulligan goes on a rant? When i first started on this forum i couldnt stand him, but now i look forward to when he posts, its pure entertainment.

I love his rants - agree or disagree, they are pure entertainment. His ad hominems against other board members - not so much.

I used to enjoy it, but the quality has dipped dramatically to where he is generally a negative.
He is a smart guy, I was kind of surprised he didn't see through what I was doing in that last exchange, trying to trigger an elaborate response with minimal words. I enjoyed getting him bothered enough to rant on my initial one word reply, getting him so bothered that he even had to edit his initial response after several minutes of thinking about it. After another reply, I think he caught on to what I was doing and shifted towards the "i don't care" tact, and then has since taken a break from this site. Hopefully he comes back, because it's easy enough to scroll past his incoherent nonsense, but it wouldn't devastate this site to see him go.

Usually I am very bored in the middle of the night when I am sitting on the couch trying to get my 7 month old back to sleep, but at least I got a little bit of joy during that exchange.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I used to enjoy it, but the quality has dipped dramatically to where he is generally a negative.
He is a smart guy, I was kind of surprised he didn't see through what I was doing in that last exchange, trying to trigger an elaborate response with minimal words. I enjoyed getting him bothered enough to rant on my initial one word reply, getting him so bothered that he even had to edit his initial response after several minutes of thinking about it. After another reply, I think he caught on to what I was doing and shifted towards the "i don't care" tact, and then has since taken a break from this site. Hopefully he comes back, because it's easy enough to scroll past his incoherent nonsense, but it wouldn't devastate this site to see him go.

Usually I am very bored in the middle of the night when I am sitting on the couch trying to get my 7 month old back to sleep, but at least I got a little bit of joy during that exchange.
51555086_236825770578037_1341320026002554880_n.png

(4) academy/HG players in the Defense on this trip.... definitely going the youth route there. Does the Academy not have a single forward player worth bringing?

from what i recall in the comments here when the academy won the USSDA title, the forwards were not that good, gio was the engine there.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Please try harder - seriously - because your logic and analysis are both flawed.

The mere fact the keeper and a defender failed to intercept the pass is proof evident that the pass was not only not poor, but 100% effective.

Could have, would have, should have doesn’t mean anything since they didn’t.
Do you actually believe that? The sad state of this fanbase

Do you actually believe that? The sad state of this fanbase
I wrote it so I believe it.

When are the Lewis nay-sayers going to pipe down about his play - all he does is bring a spark to the offense and have a hand in goals scored. He's done it under two different club coaches, when actually given the chance to play, and now in his first MNT cap, he delivers an assist after leaving the defender flat-footed. The kid brings an uncanny ability to create magic in the final third.

Great. Just what we need -- some Rando keeper trying to make the team.

Don't worry that's not our style. We'll let him go to college so we can waste GAM on him in the draft for no reason in a few years.

Reactions: Kjbert
I wrote it so I believe it.

When are the Lewis nay-sayers going to pipe down about his play - all he does is bring a spark to the offense and have a hand in goals scored. He's done it under two different club coaches, when actually given the chance to play, and now in his first MNT cap, he delivers an assist after leaving the defender flat-footed. The kid brings an uncanny ability to create magic in the final third.

Let's ignore the pass. The touch and burst by the opponent is next level. A lot to be impressed about by that play.

Let's ignore the pass. The touch and burst by the opponent is next level. A lot to be impressed about by that play.

I agree, adding to your point he tried the exact move earlier on the same side in the same spot against the same defender and with a slight heavy touch put the ball over the endline. I bring it up because the defender had seen what was coming and Lewis still blew right by him to create a ton of space for the cross. It's pretty impressive when a player can beat a guy that badly after having just shown him the move that's coming.