2019 Schedule Thread

This is interesting. i THINK they have the room at citi to make it a little bit wider. I think that would be to our benefit of course. Especially against a counter team like DC who will pack it in on defense. We don't do well against teams who park the bus. having just a little bit more space to break them down would be nice.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
This is interesting. i THINK they have the room at citi to make it a little bit wider. I think that would be to our benefit of course. Especially against a counter team like DC who will pack it in on defense. We don't do well against teams who park the bus. having just a little bit more space to break them down would be nice.
It's always been a bit of a contradiction. Our style of play seems better suited to wider fields, but the fact that we play on a uniquely sized field is deemed an advantage in its own right. Bu to me the fact that we play better away than at home (when controlling against generic home field advantage) indicates we might actually be better off going wide when we can.

Reactions: adam
very confused as to how this is going to work - I didn't opt out so I was charged for my 10/23 tickets - will I be reimbursed and have to pay for the tickets when I pre-order tomorrow? there are so many details they did not include in the email

very confused as to how this is going to work - I didn't opt out so I was charged for my 10/23 tickets - will I be reimbursed and have to pay for the tickets when I pre-order tomorrow? there are so many details they did not include in the email
For people who didn’t opt out, they’re automatically assigning seats and they’ll be in our account this evening. The presale is for adding on tickets.

For people who didn’t opt out, they’re automatically assigning seats and they’ll be in our account this evening. The presale is for adding on tickets.
thanks! just spoke to a rep and they said the same - should know what section I'm later which should be interesting since I'm in 132 and that's the Away Supporter's Section at Citi hahaha

Last edited:
thanks! just spoke to a rep and they said the same 0 should know what section I'm later which should be interesting since I'm in 132 and that's the Away Supporter's Section at Citi hahaha
They’ll do assignments based on categories and areas at YS vs Citi Field I think. So since I’m in endline preferred stay Yankee stadium, I assume I’m going to be in the same type of section (first row, behind the goal) at Citi.

Reactions: LostAnvil
They’ll do assignments based on categories and areas at YS vs Citi Field I think. So since I’m in endline preferred stay Yankee stadium, I assume I’m going to be in the same type of section (first row, behind the goal) at Citi.
yeah, you're right - seems like they'll keep it by categories (the colors on the two maps)

It's always been a bit of a contradiction. Our style of play seems better suited to wider fields, but the fact that we play on a uniquely sized field is deemed an advantage in its own right. Bu to me the fact that we play better away than at home (when controlling against generic home field advantage) indicates we might actually be better off going wide when we can.

Our field size intimidates teams, so I'd prefer to keep the field size the way it is.

I might be looking at this wrong, but City Member SS pricing is supposed to be $36 per the chart. The pre sale site shows them at $38. Can anyone check on their end?

Reactions: Kjbert
So at Yankee stadium I’m in the first row behind the goal, on the aisle. So naturally, for this Citi Field game, these fools put me in the 2nd row behind the goal, and I don’t think I’m on the aisle. These guys can’t get anything right...

So at Yankee stadium I’m in the first row behind the goal, on the aisle. So naturally, for this Citi Field game, these fools put me in the 2nd row behind the goal, and I don’t think I’m on the aisle. These guys can’t get anything right...

there was going to be some changes. sections aren't the same size or exact same position. they did the best they could. you're 1 row back and not on the aisle. big whoop.

i'm usually row 3 in the middle of my usual section behind the goal and i'm at row 33 on the aisle at citi.

IIRC this is an option, but PV didnt want it wider in 2017. They will probably do it and get a training session ( or two ) in there.

Our field size intimidates teams, so I'd prefer to keep the field size the way it is.

i think being in a baseball field is already enough to make them feel its pain in the ass to deal with us.

there was going to be some changes. sections aren't the same size or exact same position. they did the best they could. you're 1 row back and not on the aisle. big whoop.

i'm usually row 3 in the middle of my usual section behind the goal and i'm at row 33 on the aisle at citi.
People are indicating on reddit that it seems pretty haphazard. People in the same row and section at YS are not even in the same section at Citi. It looks like it's not that they tried their best to recreate things and it was impossible, but that they didn't even try.
As for Mkdaman1818 Mkdaman1818, I think since the club is starting to charge a premium for first row they should make every effort to make sure someone in row 1 at YS gets row 1 at Citi because they've taken the position Row 1 is special and different.

People are indicating on reddit that it seems pretty haphazard. People in the same row and section at YS are not even in the same section at Citi. It looks like it's not that they tried their best to recreate things and it was impossible, but that they didn't even try.
As for Mkdaman1818 Mkdaman1818, I think since the club is starting to charge a premium for first row they should make every effort to make sure someone in row 1 at YS gets row 1 at Citi because they've taken the position Row 1 is special and different.
This exactly. Also, my gut suspicion is that they’re keeping row 1s open at Citi to sell single game tickets, since they’ve already made their money off us opting in.

• Angry
Reactions: Vallos and adam
This exactly. Also, my gut suspicion is that they’re keeping row 1s open at Citi to sell single game tickets, since they’ve already made their money off us opting in.
You should be able to check if they are holding back row 1 seats, if they are available in your section when the early sale starts tomorrow.