2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

And so, Silly Season begins

Obviously it for the two u22 players from the rumors a month ago, uruguayan and Paraguayan players /s

Two U20's incoming!
And they're going to be great players fr Girona in a few years!

It's a bit weird that Maxi hasn't gotten a green card yet. Maybe DPs can't get them for some reason. He's no longer a DP now, but the consecutive years of residency are gone.
I believe it's purely by choice. Surprising though considering he had I believe 2 kids while here that are presumably citizens.

Reactions: gbservis and Gene
Is there a realistic scenario where he is not back, outside of using the season-ending injury roster mechanism on him? Might as well get the International slot now.

I saw a report somewhere that Bahia might want to bring him back, or even purchase him from us.

picking up options doesn't mean a transfer isn't coming though, he might still want to try to be a starter elsewhere (or loan)

then let him go. i think it was only for one more year.

no point imo to keep him one more year if he is going to be loaned out

Reactions: Shwafta
Another CB? I get having back ups but who would you slide to the bench? Plus we really need a LB.

It’s only Risa and martins, that’s it. Owusu and chanot are gone Alfaro too. I think other nycfc ii players were let go too. Sands can technically play there but I do prefer a backup.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Gene
It’s only Risa and martins, that’s it. Owusu and chanot are gone Alfaro too. I think other nycfc ii players were let go too. Sands can technically play there but I do prefer a backup.

Transfer market has Dellova's value listed at $650K. That seems pretty steep for a backup. We also have Haak who looked decent in his stints last season as a CB and I think Gray could play CB in a pinch. Given that both Illenic and O'Toole are attacking-minded fullbacks maybe Nick is toying with the idea of going with a back 5. We've played 3 CBs under Nick before.

Reactions: JCMore
Transfer market has Dellova's value listed at $650K. That seems pretty steep for a backup. We also have Haak who looked decent in his stints last season as a CB and I think Gray could play CB in a pinch. Given that both Illenic and O'Toole are attacking-minded fullbacks maybe Nick is toying with the idea of going with a back 5. We've played 3 CBs under Nick before.
I highly disagree with haak at CB, maybe it’s that game vs charlotte at citi field (I think it was that game) but that was very bad. It’s not his fault as that I see him better in midfield as backup. Grey can for sure. I just don’t want mixing and mashing players who’s role as a CB is a secondary role. I prefer an actual CB.

The value is steep but in that site it also mentions his contract ends in June 2024, so maybe nycfc can get him for cheaper. Since he can leave for free in June.

I don't think that's too much for a backup - if he's your first guy off the bench. You need someone at each position who can slot in for a starter without much dropoff.

I highly disagree with haak at CB, maybe it’s that game vs charlotte at citi field (I think it was that game) but that was very bad. It’s not his fault as that I see him better in midfield as backup. Grey can for sure. I just don’t want mixing and mashing players who’s role as a CB is a secondary role. I prefer an actual CB.

The value is steep but in that site it also mentions his contract ends in June 2024, so maybe nycfc can get him for cheaper. Since he can leave for free in June.
Agree with your notion of Haak as a CB but I will clarify I don't see him as a CB in a back 4.

I thought he showed very well as a LCB in a back 3/5 and he's definitely worth it there. I was impressed with how he played in that spot, but don't think it translates back into a back 4.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Agree with your notion of Haak as a CB but I will clarify I don't see him as a CB in a back 4.

I thought he showed very well as a LCB in a back 3/5 and he's definitely worth it there. I was impressed with how he played in that spot, but don't think it translates back into a back 4.
Agreed. For whatever reason, he looked fine in a three-man line and lost with four, like he didn't know where he was supposed to be.

Reactions: SoupInNYC