2024 Schedule Thread

I'm in favor of the winter schedule purely because it means the majority of the season would allow me to go watch games at 7:30pm on a saturday night, which seems to be the new permanent game time for some reason.

Reactions: JayH and LionNYC
Home game against Miami isn’t until Sept 21 - right off a summer Copa America and Leagues Cup, what odds do you put Messi is either exhausted or injured by then? 70%?

(Not that I really care about seeing Messi play - but to maximize the value of reselling those to Messi fanboys and recouping a significant amount of my season tickets…)

Reactions: daveh and Victors87
View attachment 13120

oof do i really want to be out in the 2PM sun to maybe see messi? i think i might sell my ticket and make profit instead.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Just one league season home game in 11 weeks. If last year's pattern holds, possibly 1 more Leagues Cup game in NYC during that time. That's worse than last year. For parents with children in NYC public or private schools, there are 3 home games during the 10 week summer vacation, and two of those occur in the first 5 days after school closes.

We do get our first games against Austin and St. Louis. SoupInNYC SoupInNYC gets his away at St. Louis

Six (6) DGWs, same as last year.

Citi has 6, Yankee Stadium 9, TBD 2. Last year (as of schedule release) was exactly the same.

24 Saturday, 6 Wednesday, 3 Friday, 1 Sunday. Last year was 27 Sat, 6 Wed, 0 Fri, 1 Sun. So they flipped 3 Saturdays to Friday, which doesn't help Shwafta Shwafta.

Only 1 game during a FIFA international break, in March (ignoring summer tournaments which are unavoidable). Last year there were 6.

I hate everything about this. The march game I might actually be able to attend if it was at 7:30pm? Nah, it's at 2pm.
Whelp, see you at the 4 games I can actually attend. Maybe.

Home game against Miami isn’t until Sept 21 - right off a summer Copa America and Leagues Cup, what odds do you put Messi is either exhausted or injured by then? 70%?

(Not that I really care about seeing Messi play - but to maximize the value of reselling those to Messi fanboys and recouping a significant amount of my season tickets…)
I want 50K in Yankee Stadium. Hope people are still excited by September.

Kind of bullshit that the Red Bulls get Messi twice before we see him once.

I want 50K in Yankee Stadium. Hope people are still excited by September.

It is a shame, that the Yankees are on a west coast trip. I would love to have seen the chaos if the Yankees had to reschedule around the Messi game. WFAN and ESPN radio would be a blast to listen to. "Mike from Long Island, long time blow hard, I wouldn't watch soccer if it was in my back yard, and you are telling me the Yankees are deferring to a soccer team just for a visiitng team. This is not your traditional Yankees".

Mildly unfortunate maybe. But bullshit?

Red Bulls lost a home game to Miami last year, which we avoided by playing our home game against the shitty early season version of Miami. And that's unfair to us?

The first rule of schedule making is that schedule making is insanely complex. I'm quite certain that adding the variable "make sure NYC hosts Miami before NYRB does in 2024 because otherwise RB does so twice before NYC does" was not considered by anyone involved, not even Brad Sims. At the end of the year RB will have hosted him 2x and us once. So it goes. The order is pretty irrelevant.

I guess I have to tap the sign👇

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 4.28.18 PM.png

To FredMertz FredMertz's point this year in the NFL the Vikings and Lions will play each other twice in the final 3 games of the season. Nobody thinks that's a good idea. But here we are. I can just imagine the eye-rolling by the programmers if they were told they had to adjust the Miami schedule for the sake of perceived slights in the NYCFC/RB rivalry .

Reactions: Shwafta
If true, that would be…

*chef’s kiss*
The Wire GIF