Away - 02/08 Emelec

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure is. Copa Libertadores is several rungs up from the CONCACAF Champions League, and Emelec made the quarterfinal round 2 years ago. They are one of the strongest teams in Ecuador, if not the strongest.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Emelec is a strong team. If we don't play our first team we will get destroyed 5-1
Was just about to ask. I can see us starting with out A team but this is a preseason for us. Technically our first real preseason game. We will be playing our current A team for the first 45 (still some guys that haven't joined the team) but the second half will be a full team sub like the Jacksonville was. All depends on what the rules are for this matchup and if they'll be allowing unlimited subs.

Reactions: Kjbert
Newspaper in Guayaquil posted a possible lineup for us, was pretty funny. Villa at RM, SAnds at RB and Gomez at RCB

Pirlo at LM, 5'4" Gomez locking down a CB spot! Imagine if this was the real lineup? 16 year old James Sands gets to make his first team pre-season debut on the right side with Villa as his only cover. That would be a harsh welcome.

I also love the blue city radio headline. Clearly it's such a big game for them that their local paper spend about .5 seconds trying to figure out our projected line up.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I would say it's both big and not. The draw of Pirlo and Villa, and the glamour of NYC are there, so people may show up just to soak it in. But they're just starting their own season (have played 2 games so far) and we're in preseason without a full roster. So it may be a relatively big sporting event but not from the competitive pov. Second have may be lots of subs from both sides, and people may complain if they hoped for 90 min of Villa and Pirlo.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I would say it's both big and not. The draw of Pirlo and Villa, and the glamour of NYC are there, so people may show up just to soak it in. But they're just starting their own season (have played 2 games so far) and we're in preseason without a full roster. So it may be a relatively big sporting event but not from the competitive pov. Second have may be lots of subs from both sides, and people may complain if they hoped for 90 min of Villa and Pirlo.
Yeah I don't see either of them getting 90. Pirlo and Villa might not play 90 at all this preseason as we have a lot of games scheduled. So there's plenty of opportunity to get the fitness up. Definitely don't need to this early on

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
Yeah I don't see either of them getting 90. Pirlo and Villa might not play 90 at all this preseason as we have a lot of games scheduled. So there's plenty of opportunity to get the fitness up. Definitely don't need to this early on

As an NYCFC fan I'd be pissed if either of them went for a full 90.

One of the biggest things from this match that we'll learn how is NYCFC social media staff will announce the lineup this season. Year 1 it was jerseys in a line. Year 2 was faces in a formation. What will Year 3 have a store?

Reactions: Kjbert
The North East may be getting hit with some blow out snow storm tomorrow ,but today its warm like spring with the hint of beautiful flowers that's waiting to come out and show what they got .

Something's in the air today and the world is Exploding with possibility! This is how I'm feeling ! Anybody else feel the same???

The North East may be getting hit with some blow out snow storm tomorrow ,but today its warm like spring with the hint of beautiful flowers that's waiting to come out and show what they got .

Something's in the air today and the world is Exploding with possibility! This is how I'm feeling ! Anybody else feel the same???

It's certainly an odd weather day. Hard to believe snow is on it's way when it's so warm out. Not sure what it means for our boys in blue but I'm excited to see some NYCFC action tonight!

I just hope that there aren't idiots at the stadium tonight that will run onto the field and try to hug (attack) Pirlo, Villa, or any of our players like what happened in Mexico, twice!

Reactions: gbservis
Status
Not open for further replies.