Away - 05/17 RSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the travel, altitude, and heat to be expected from these three games, and with the Caveat that RSL should be more of a winnable game than one we're expected to lose, AND we must put our strongest team on the pitch for the Orlando game, then I'd recommend the following lineup vs RSL:

---------------Lewis----Okoli-------------
--------Maxi-----Pirlo---Camargo------
------------------Sterzter-----------------
RJ(Awuah)---Callens---Chanot--White/RJ
----------------Johnson------------------

Bench: Villa, Brillant, Gomez, Tmac, Lopez, Johansen, RJ/Awuah/White

The GK, CBs, & Maxi all start the game as we need a good foundation in the back and a midfielder that can relieve pressure. White may be able to go three games in a week, but wouldn't want to sacrifice him Wednesday and not have him this coming weekend. Sweat looked tired and he could stand a break to recharge for Orlando. I like Stertzer playing the stay at home disruptor with Maxi and Camargo helping out - let Pirlo roam a bit more to provide a more advanced outlet that can quickly make a probing pass; in this formation, Camargo is probably more of the "RW" even though I'm showing him in the MF. Lewis is the LW - get some pace playing off of Okoli who can hopefully give Villa a breather with solid offensive production.

Villa, TMac, and Gomez are there for offensive subs (yes, thinking of Gomez as a winger here to put pace on the field as a spark). Brillant and Lopez are purely defensive cover, as is the RJ/Awuah/White player to be named later.

I want Ring resting all week for Orlando and to save him from another Yellow. Sweat rests. Harrison needs to be 100% along with Wallace. I wouldn't be surprised if Brillant gives one of the CBs a rest vs Orlando, or if Maxi either doesn't play or only goes 60min. Hopefully Villa can rest the entire game vs RSL but if not, he's been there so many times, that a 30 min stint Wednesday night would not deplete his tank.

We could then come back against Orlando with a (nearly) rested full first team, minus Hererra, and hopefully using Camargo/Lewis/Tmac (not that I want TMac, but I wouldn't put it past PV) as the 11th. I could see Harrison slotting into the midfield with Lewis going on the wing, but it'd be a shame since Harrison really abused Orlando's LB last time out.

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
Ulrich Ulrich my concern is that midfield gets run over. There is no defensive presence in that midfield and puts a lot of pressure on the backline

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What they really should do is get rid of the blackout and allow locals in NY to stream on MLS Live, but as I recall, they didn't do that last year.
They should even let non-subscribers watch on MLS live. It's nuts to give YES an exclusive when they won't even air the damn game.
What happens when the Yankees and Nets have games at the same time? I've never heard that Nets games get a delayed broadcast. Do they just always figure out a way to put the Yankees on broadcast, or the Nets on TNT, or something like that?

RSL have been getting killed by injuries apparently. Both Beckerman and Rimando were out for the last game and a few other guys were as well.

RSL have been getting killed by injuries apparently. Both Beckerman and Rimando were out for the last game and a few other guys were as well.
And again, they are missing a couple starters and another bench player due to being called up to the U20 squad.

From their last game with these guys when they lost 3-0 to Dallas:
Danilo Acosta (D) on the bench
Sebastian Saucedo went 71'
Brooks Lennon (I think he's pretty well known at this point) went the full 90

And then you have Justen Glad who is normally a starter for RSL who did not make the 18 for this match as he was recovering from an injury. Based on his inclusion in the U20 squad, I would guess he would at the least, have been healthy enough to at least be available against us.

Reactions: MumonA
And again, they are missing a couple starters and another bench player due to being called up to the U20 squad.

From their last game with these guys when they lost 3-0 to Dallas:
Danilo Acosta (D) on the bench
Sebastian Saucedo went 71'
Brooks Lennon (I think he's pretty well known at this point) went the full 90

And then you have Justen Glad who is normally a starter for RSL who did not make the 18 for this match as he was recovering from an injury. Based on his inclusion in the U20 squad, I would guess he would at the least, have been healthy enough to at least be available against us.
Follow up to this, was perusing the post-game recap on mlssoccer.com for their last match and saw this list posted by a user:

Acosta- Call-up
Allen- Injury
Barrett- Injury
Beckerman- Injury
Beltran- Injury
Glad- Injury/Call-up
Horst- Injury
Lennon- Call-up
Rimando- Injury
Saucedo-Call-up

Reactions: Kjbert
Ulrich Ulrich my concern is that midfield gets run over. There is no defensive presence in that midfield and puts a lot of pressure on the backline
Stertzer is the stay at home mid and gets help from Maxi (like he helped last night). It's not like the team has a ton of DMids if Hererra is away and we need to protect Ring. I refuse to start Lopez.

Follow up to this, was perusing the post-game recap on mlssoccer.com for their last match and saw this list posted by a user:

Acosta- Call-up
Allen- Injury
Barrett- Injury
Beckerman- Injury
Beltran- Injury
Glad- Injury/Call-up
Horst- Injury
Lennon- Call-up
Rimando- Injury
Saucedo-Call-up

Wait, all those guys are going to be missing on Wednesday? Even with backups the aim should be to get 3.

They should even let non-subscribers watch on MLS live. It's nuts to give YES an exclusive when they won't even air the damn game.
What happens when the Yankees and Nets have games at the same time? I've never heard that Nets games get a delayed broadcast. Do they just always figure out a way to put the Yankees on broadcast, or the Nets on TNT, or something like that?

Do we know for sure that the game isn't being broadcast on TV?

Reactions: Kjbert
Per Eirik Johansen's Snapchat, the team was in the Dallas airport an hour ago to fly to Salt Lake.

Interesting that they waited until this afternoon to fly over there. Looks like they wanted everyone to get a good night's sleep and a day off. It's a 2:45 flight, so no practice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.