Away - 05/17 RSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy?

giphy.gif

He does work at Yankee Stadium

So, any of you internet sleuths figured out if Pirlo is in Salt Lake?

Pirlo is there and will start.

At training last week, Vieira announced that a group of players would not travel to Dallas but would meet the team in Salt Lake City for Wednesday’s match against Real Salt Lake. It was revealed a few hours before kick-off in Frisco, Texas that Pirlo was one of four players held back in New York.

“I decided to leave Andrea in New York to do some training so that he didn’t have the flight in his legs,” said Vieira. “He will start the game when we play on Wednesday.”

Pirlo has not played in three consecutive matches. R.J. Allen, Ugo Okoli and Shannon Gomez will also re-join their teammates in Salt Lake City while Khiry Shelton and Ronald Matarrita continue to rehab from injuries.​

http://sbisoccer.com/2017/05/nycfc-notes-mcnamara-pirlo-rsl-and-more

One question is whether any of the other players who stayed back in NYC are pegged to start as well? I suppose we shouldn't be surprised to find Allen or even Okoli in Starting XI. I would be surprised if Gomez is there, although I do hope he gets a run out.

It's an interesting article. It also gets into how many RSL players are missing due to the U-20 World Cup (3 starters and 1 reserve).

Interesting that Gomez was left behind purposely. Makes you think our Fullbacks will be rotated out tomorrow night.

Reactions: adam
This game is ripe for a skeleton crew with parts like Villa, Maxi and Jack on the bench to sub in if we need a goal or two at the end. I'd go:

-----------Okoli--------------
Wallace---TMac------Camargo
-----Pirlo--------Ring-------
Sweat----------------------Allen---
--------Callens----Brillant-----

I think Brillant starts. I'm in the full rotation camp here

This game is ripe for a skeleton crew with parts like Villa, Maxi and Jack on the bench to sub in if we need a goal or two at the end. I'd go:

-----------Okoli--------------
Wallace---TMac------Camargo
-----Pirlo--------Ring-------
Sweat----------------------Allen---
--------Callens----Brillant-----
I don't see us changing formations at all unless its to the 3-4-3.

I'm thinking:

Lewis-Okoli-Camargo
Maxi-Stertzer
Pirlo
Allen-Callens-Chanot-Gomez
Johnson

Bench: Johansen, Brillant, Villa, Lopez, White, Ring, Harrison

White didn't seem too too gassed on Sunday, so perhaps him at RB. Could also see Lopez for Stertzer, though I wouldn't want that.

It looked to me like Sweat, Wallace, and Harrison were exhausted on Sunday. With Sweat and Wallace going full 90, I think they both end up out of the 18. I could also see TMac available in the 18, but would rather have Ring in there as someone else posted, perhaps if things are somewhat in control, he can make a late appearance to help towards his yellow card accumulation.

Reactions: Ulrich
I don't see us changing formations at all unless its to the 3-4-3.

I'm thinking:

Lewis-Okoli-Camargo
Maxi-Stertzer
Pirlo
Allen-Callens-Chanot-Gomez
Johnson

Bench: Johansen, Brillant, Villa, Lopez, White, Ring, Harrison

White didn't seem too too gassed on Sunday, so perhaps him at RB. Could also see Lopez for Stertzer, though I wouldn't want that.

It looked to me like Sweat, Wallace, and Harrison were exhausted on Sunday. With Sweat and Wallace going full 90, I think they both end up out of the 18. I could also see TMac available in the 18, but would rather have Ring in there as someone else posted, perhaps if things are somewhat in control, he can make a late appearance to help towards his yellow card accumulation.
Looks close to my earlier posting with Gomez as the wildcard starter.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Please.

beckerman is about done.

Rimando is a walking ad for properly timed retirement. He's destroyed his own legacy. Atrocious.

So your rooting for Beckerman and Rimando to be starting on Wednesday?

I kinda like the idea of really going forward and pushing RSL. Obviously the worst defensive team in the league so far, we might just be able to assault them on the flanks with success -- meaning Ugo could find his head on a goal (hopefully).

Reactions: Ulrich
I know it could just be "coach-speak" but PV seemed to indicate he won't be making whole sale changes for this game.

Vieira suggested that there will be a player rotation in the starting group although it will not be dramatic.

“I have to keep the strength and the core of the team,” said Vieira. “It won’t make sense to change seven or eight players. We have to use players that can keep a good tempo of the game.”

Status
Not open for further replies.