Away - 05/17 RSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they waited until this afternoon to fly over there. Looks like they wanted everyone to get a good night's sleep and a day off. It's a 2:45 flight, so no practice today.
I'd wager practice will be about 90oz of water throughout the day, maybe a light run when they arrive, and a leg rubdown/ice bath.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Interesting that they waited until this afternoon to fly over there. Looks like they wanted everyone to get a good night's sleep and a day off. It's a 2:45 flight, so no practice today.

I would think they'd use one of their charters after the Salt Lake game to get to Orlando. Now that is a long trip.

Reactions: adam
Stertzer is the stay at home mid and gets help from Maxi (like he helped last night). It's not like the team has a ton of DMids if Hererra is away and we need to protect Ring. I refuse to start Lopez.

That's fine but he's not a Defensive Midfielder. That's the issue. Lopez is a defensive midfielder.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
IMG_9346.JPG

Bench: Yugo, JLew, Stertzer, Ring, Ooh Ah, Brilliant!, Lurch

Ring may get a run out for 30 minutes or so, in part to get him an appearance toward a Yellow Card reduction. I expect Villa to come off after 55-60 and maybe Jack as well. Would be good to see Gomez in the 18, but coach seems to prefer Ooh Ah in there instead. Might see Freddie get the start instead of one of the regular CBs, but I doubt it.

ETA: I think we are going to use a lot of "MLS 2.0" guys because we are going up against that kind of team. Also, I forgot to account for Lopez, who might get a bench slot ahead of Stertzer or even Ring.

Lewis - Okoli - Harrison
Maxi - Pirlo - Ring/Lopez
Awauh - Callens - Chanot - White

Torn on whether to give Ring a game off or not. Villa on the bench ready if needed, and I wouldn't sit both him and Harrison at the same time. Sweat looked gassed last game. I could see Brillant and/or Allen start one of the next two as well.

I would think they'd use one of their charters after the Salt Lake game to get to Orlando. Now that is a long trip.
Doubt it. With a morning, afternoon, and two redeye options it doesn't seem necessary. Save those for the playoffs.

Reactions: Kjbert
Apparently, the players who were supposed to travel back to NYC from Dallas said they wanted to stay with team, so vieira let them. So he learned nothing last year.
I'd have flown them straight to Orlando to begin acclimating to the heat. One flight this week instead of two. Send a fitness coach and one other coach to handle training. Also send anybody (if anybody) that didn't make the trip to Dallas/SLC on down to Orlando. Stupid stupid stupid travel secretary....

Apparently, the players who were supposed to travel back to NYC from Dallas said they wanted to stay with team, so vieira let them. So he learned nothing last year.
How would it have been better going DFW -> NYC -> ORL instead of DFW -> RSL -> ORL anyway. I thought the plan would be to send them direct to Orlando.

How would it have been better going DFW -> NYC -> ORL instead of DFW -> RSL -> ORL anyway. I thought the plan would be to send them direct to Orlando.
I don't know What the Hell all this means but I wanted to Thank You for the like on what I said about Tommy .Maxi, and Andrea . :)

Reactions: mgarbowski
I'm not sure this is a huge deal. The travel is going to stink, but Orlando has it as well - traveling to San Jose for Wednesday.

Remember another thing that happened last year too. After the team got back from Toronto on Thursday, they had some kind of Rivalry Week media session on Friday that took up the whole afternoon and disrupted training. They didn't really have a decent training session going into that game. I think that had a lot to do with the problems in the Game That Shall Not Be Named.

I'd have flown them straight to Orlando to begin acclimating to the heat. One flight this week instead of two. Send a fitness coach and one other coach to handle training. Also send anybody (if anybody) that didn't make the trip to Dallas/SLC on down to Orlando. Stupid stupid stupid travel secretary....

This guy?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.