Away - 3/24 New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ring might be my favorite player I have ever watched, the way he anticipates EVERYTHING is astounding. He will definitely be missed this next game!

Now it's obvious what we lose in Ring, but I believe the #1 thing lose aside from his DEF knowledge/work-rate are those threaded passes from him to the front 3. I will be really interested to see if Chanot or Ofori can take over that role to keep our offensive transition as fast as it has been.

Here's my setup. I don't think Berget makes the 18.

View attachment 8415

Bench:
Stuver, Ibeagha, Saad, TMac, Awuha, Lewis, Sands
Obligatory Ofori on the left side post. ;)

I think it would be interesting to see how PV deploys Herrera and Ofori. No clue really what type of player Ofori is? Does he just take rings spot in the single pivot?

Reactions: Kjbert
Obligatory Ofori on the left side post. ;)

I think it would be interesting to see how PV deploys Herrera and Ofori. No clue really what type of player Ofori is? Does he just take rings spot in the single pivot?
So hard to tell. From memory an AIK fan came on and had something to say about him, but I couldn't find the post or the username. Highlights make him look more like a deep lying playmaker than a destroyer, but that's YT highlights for ya. Based on the sub appearance against LAG, I didn't see Ring-like qualities.

Reactions: gbservis
Ofori was being recruited last year as more of an "8" than a "6".

I wonder if there is some structural change in how we play going forward in this game. We're also without Wallace wide left. I would not be surprised to see Ofori and Herrera both play a little deeper than we would like with MCNAMARA on the left.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Ofori was being recruited last year as more of an "8" than a "6".

I wonder if there is some structural change in how we play going forward in this game. We're also without Wallace wide left. I would not be surprised to see Ofori and Herrera both play a little deeper than we would like with MCNAMARA on the left.

I could see the following, which looks pretty similar to how we normally play:

Tajouri-Villa-Medina
--------Moralez-------
----Ofori-Herrera-----
Sweat-Callens-Chanot-SAS

giphy.gif

No reason why tmac would start over tajouri.

Of course not. But MCNAMARA doesn't go forward like our other options and has experience playing a defensive shift wide of the Striker. I'm not advocating for it, just reminding folks about our history.

The total football move would be to play Tajouri. Revs stink. PV just has a history with this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.