Away - 3/24 New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofori was being recruited last year as more of an "8" than a "6".

I wonder if there is some structural change in how we play going forward in this game. We're also without Wallace wide left. I would not be surprised to see Ofori and Herrera both play a little deeper than we would like with MCNAMARA on the left.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ofori fill the box to box Herrera role with Herrera trying to play Ring's spot. Herrera has the tenacity to do it. The big question would be how close can Herrera come to replicating Rings positional awareness?

One thing that's strange, if Ofori is the planned starter for NE why was Awuah the midfield sub against Orlando? Wouldn't you want to use that sub to get Ofori a few more min in prep for an impending start? Was PV just trying to reward Awuah, a player he has praised recently or does he view him as a stronger defender than Ofori? Starting Awuah as a like for like replacement for Ring seems like a classic PV move that will as usual leave us all confused.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ofori fill the box to box Herrera role with Herrera trying to play Ring's spot. Herrera has the tenacity to do it. The big question would be how close can Herrera come to replicating Rings positional awareness?
I don't know if B2B is Ofori's game. But I don't think he is settled in enough to be the sole CDM. I'd like to see them play the double pivot or just have extra protection from Herrera. If we are set on a single pivot, I wouldn't mind seeing Kwame get the start as an 8. Not really a B2B guy, more of a combine and carry midfielder. Rafinha / Iniesta ish. We should be able to support that against NE.

One thing that's strange, if Ofori is the planned starter for NE why was Awuah the midfield sub against Orlando? Wouldn't you want to use that sub to get Ofori a few more min in prep for an impending start? Was PV just trying to reward Awuah, a player he has praised recently or does he view him as a stronger defender than Ofori? Starting Awuah as a like for like replacement for Ring seems like a classic PV move that will as usual leave us all confused.
I think maybe its that and maybe a little bit of the pace / tenacity of Awuah.

Without having seen much of Ofori, my assumptions on him are he's a calculated DMid who will tackle the ball, but isn't particularly pressing. PV took out Maxi, so I think he wanted someone to run out and challenge the back line (both of the defense and the midfield) to press them, and he probably thought Awuah was better for that than Ofori.

My assumption is that if he was to sub out Herrera or Ring, then Ofori would be the guy coming in. But since he was taking out Maxi, he brought in Awuah.

Reactions: Fake Jew
I think maybe its that and maybe a little bit of the pace / tenacity of Awuah.

Without having seen much of Ofori, my assumptions on him are he's a calculated DMid who will tackle the ball, but isn't particularly pressing. PV took out Maxi, so I think he wanted someone to run out and challenge the back line (both of the defense and the midfield) to press them, and he probably thought Awuah was better for that than Ofori.

My assumption is that if he was to sub out Herrera or Ring, then Ofori would be the guy coming in. But since he was taking out Maxi, he brought in Awuah.

This makes sense and I hope you're right because I'd like to see what Ofori can do. Unfortunately from past PV behavior if I had to bet on it the recent quotes and the sub appearance make me think Awuah is the one slated to start against NE. Awuah looked completely overwhelmed in the middle during preseason it's hard the believe he's ready to start a game there but this is the coach that rolled with Mikey in that spot multiple times last year.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
This makes sense and I hope you're right because I'd like to see what Ofori can do. Unfortunately from past PV behavior if I had to bet on it the recent quotes and the sub appearance make me think Awuah is the one slated to start against NE. Awuah looked completely overwhelmed in the middle during preseason it's hard the believe he's ready to start a game there but this is the coach that rolled with Mikey in that spot multiple times last year.
Yeah, I'm really not sure if I'm right or not, but its the reason I'm coming up with at the moment, haha.

Reactions: gbservis
I've seen Ofori described as a deep-lying playmaker.

I went and looked at where he played for AIK. Transfermarkt had their old lineups. They switched between a 4-4-2 "double six" where he played as one of the 6s, and a 3-1-4-2 where he was the deepest midfielder

IMG_9132.PNG

I also found this profile written up on him if anyone is interested in reading it

http://eastbridge-sb.com/major-leag...tm_medium=social&utm_campaign=brand promotion

New England Revolution v New York City FC
Gillette Stadium (1:30PM ET)
REF: JAIR MARRUFO
AR1: KYLE ATKINS
AR2: CAMERON BLANCHARD
4TH: ROBERT SIBIGA
VAR: CHRISTOPHER PENSO

Reactions: Kjbert
Are there other questions I missed?
Haha basically every time you allude to something that isn't public, I ask you if it's speculation or something you know, since sometimes you are privy to things the rest of us aren't. And your writing style is very assertive (not a criticism). I'm not just rustling your jimmies, it's actually difficult to disambiguate.

But I am rustling a little.

Anyway, you rarely respond directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.