Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------Saunders------------------
---Iraola--Hernandez--Facey--Angelino---
----------------Mix---------Pirlo--------------
-------Lampard--------------McNamara-----
-----------------------Poku---------------------
-----------------------Villa----------------------
This is my ideal lineup too. Pirlo has speed behind him in Angelino, and a consistently hard worker in front of him in Tommy Mac, and FF has the same with Mix and Poku. Makes up for those older legs and allows them to play freely. I think this is our best shot to get at least a point.

Reactions: Max Power
I'm going full bright-sider on this game. I look at this game as the perfect match-up. Clearly it's a must-win, do or die, especially after settling for a point against Columbus, and there's a blitz of hype, ESPN, showcase game, NY v. LA, DP galore, etc. A game this massive (at least by MLS standards, and our own circumstances) are what guys like Villa, Pirlo, and yes, Lampard, have thrived on throughout their careers (of course, on much bigger stages). This is the optimal opportunity for our stars to shine, and our younger difference-makers to follow suit. If we play big, fire on all cylinders, we have a great shot to win, even against a powerhouse. Play this like it's the fcking MLS Cup. If we win, we start what could be an interesting dash to the finish. Time to step it up, and get it all right.

I'm going full bright-sider on this game. I look at this game as the perfect match-up. Clearly it's a must-win, do or die, especially after settling for a point against Columbus, and there's a blitz of hype, ESPN, showcase game, NY v. LA, DP galore, etc. A game this massive (at least by MLS standards, and our own circumstances) are what guys like Villa, Pirlo, and yes, Lampard, have thrived on throughout their careers (of course, on much bigger stages). This is the optimal opportunity for our stars to shine, and our younger difference-makers to follow suit. If we play big, fire on all cylinders, we have a great shot to win, even against a powerhouse. Play this like it's the fcking MLS Cup. If we win, we start what could be an interesting dash to the finish. Time to step it up, and get it all right.

oh my, you gave me goose bumps with that speech. can't wait for it! however, it would ruin my next week if we don't win the game.

Reactions: JayH
For freedom! Scotland! and the Shire!

Well. Apart Montreal game (the worst performance in August) there are 5 points lost on the pitch, and I mean the derby and the two points in Columbus.

As seen the attack line works (waiting for a further confirm that Poku is the Providence man), but the defence is a mess.

There is a strong need of an awakening amongst the keeper and two CD. If they're still sleeping, Mr. Keane runs highways to opposite post. Period.

This is the biggest game in MLS history, period. It's even bigger than the Hudson River derby. Don Garber has been standing at attention all week over this one.

http://www.espnfrontrow.com/2015/08...es-coverage-of-nyc-fc-at-la-galaxy-on-sunday/

MLS-08.23.png

Imagine the plot twist if Steven Gerrard would be unavailable to play on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.