David Villa To Nycfc?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay caramba! This is really getting so exiting! Can't wait for the news on Monday!!!

GO VILLA!!! :)

According to this Reddit post, someone at NYCFC has claimed that they're announcing a player on Monday. Could be a rouge employee trying to sell tickets, but this is the first time we're heard anything from them on the matter. Interesting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/26wytz/announcement_monday/

Less likely to be a rogue employee and more like to be a WUM, I think, but the effect is the same.

Either way, we'll know in just over 48 hours.

Twitter is blowing up. Reports everywhere that both are a done deal. If they announce both on Monday, it's going to be huge for us. Huge.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Not unexpected though is it? The MEN uses the phrase "shockwaves through the game" but a name of this magnitude was always likely to be delivered. I've said numerous times (in response to stuff like the idiotic comparisons to the ex owners of Chivas) the "powers that be" behind the club have a faultless track record. If these owners don't deliver nobody will. Its pretty much a faultless signing and absolutely not one of the 30+ stars regarded as "past it." Excellent signing YES. Shocking NO.

Reactions: Gene
Not unexpected though is it? The MEN uses the phrase "shockwaves through the game" but a name of this magnitude was always likely to be delivered. I've said numerous times (in response to stuff like the idiotic comparisons to the ex owners of Chivas) the "powers that be" behind the club have a faultless track record. If these owners don't deliver nobody will. Its pretty much a faultless signing and absolutely not one of the 30+ stars regarded as "past it." Excellent signing YES. Shocking NO.
yep.gif

That's why I'm not getting twisted over the lack of any news regarding the new stadium. It will get done. When I don't know, but it will get done.

Hi guys, my first post.

Villa could be, (hopefully will be) , a quality marquee signing for us. A player of his calibre at a fairly *ish* young age at 32 could provide us with a few years of leading the line of Left side. He could prove to be the player that leads others and so on, in joining the revolution.

Great signing (if it happens). 4/5 years ago the bluemoon forum nearly went into meltdown over believing man city were signing this guy. One of the modern greats

his speed and intelligence will be breaking the back line of defences all day, will have a deadly accurate supply from lampard, unbelievable finisher as well.... Easy 15+ goals

Hi, mcfc fan here (for over 40 years).

Yes it appears Villa was here in Manchester Saturday for medical and british press/tv indicating Lampard story is true also.

These are still two top top quality players and will be brilliant for NYCFC. In fact I wish they were in our squad for next season. Heard that Villa will be training every day with City until the MLS season kicks off, presume Lampard will be the same.

Some uncorroborated stories that Xavi is on the radar as well!

Enjoy (like we have done!).

Reactions: Across the Pond
If the club pull this off, it will catapult the club into headlines across the world. David Villa is a quality player, even at 32. We're talking about a World Cup & Champions League winner whom fans of many clubs in the Premier League would have in their squad as third or fourth choice striker (those in the lower-half of the league might even push to first or second choice).

Please take your snide, backhanded compliments elsewhere.

I
Please take your snide, backhanded compliments elsewhere.
I don't think he mean's it like that.

Anyways, the signing does send a signal of intent. I think it was last summer before he moved to Atleti he was
Inked with MCFC, Arsenal and Spurs. We've seen this season that he's "still got it".

This is the beginning my friends, the beginning of something BIG.

More pics of Villa in Manchester is turning up.. It just struck me as funny that in todays world MCFC drivers/security staff are better dressed than the millionaire players they serve

BpCPoKyCQAEeZ1E.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.