David Villa To Nycfc?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will NYCFC be announcing anything tomorrow or was that just a report?

Despite it being summer, I'm fully clothed as it's currently overcast (or am I sat bollock naked in the garden?).

I was simply putting my point across in a firm but fair manner, bud. I'm sure you'd dislike being told you're making snide digs when you're quite frankly doing anything but.

Anyway, no need to fall out, especially over the subject regarding the signing of an extremely good player.
If there's no need to fall out, then don't be prickish in your tone. As has been demonstrated, your initial premise that equates MC's strike force to the "top half" of PL is flattering to 9 other squads.

I didn't attack you. I just made a point because the tone seemed like something we don't need, ie, another one man blue wolf pack or whatever his name is. He managed to land grand Marshall of the All Hail England parade a while back. And needless to say, his route has been directly over the toes of 99% of the posters here.

If you want to come in here and tell me not to be a bitch because I challenge you to name 30 better PL strikers when you make the original assertion (although one could interpret your post to mean as many as 60 or 70), then start naming them. Don't come at me with ad hominem attacks when you make unfounded, insulting statements.

It's your responsibility to make your point accurately. If you can't do that, then you won't last long before you're talking to yourself around here because you'll be on the ignore list of most, right with what's his name, the blogger who thinks NYC couldn't find a damn ball without MC holding our hands.

Well then my suggestion to him is that he goes away, grows some testicles, and then returns when he's capable of browsing a football forum without nearing a childlike tantrum.

The post was complimentary to NYCFC, and therefore the MLS in general. There are posters on Manchester City forums questioning if we will be able to get Villa on loan until 2015 (personally I am not for this, nor will it happen - however that's a different topic). If fans are wanting him as a third or fourth choice striker for a title winning side, how is this a backhand to NYCFC? A team who plays 30+ games a season (a bottom half club - a club which only contend in domestic games and therefore won't reach the heights of 60+ games a season) would have him as a first choice striker because he would be able to contest in all of those games - he wouldn't burn out during the season.

The poster read far too much into my original post, perhaps it is he who needs to reevaluate ones own opinion if they're so obsessed that they find fault in something so slight.
My initial reply was a one line admonishment.

Look at what you wrote. Objectively, who has childlike tantrums again?

If you guys wanna keep on arguing, take it to private messaging. Don't derail the fucking thread

Reactions: Buz23
I'll ask again because I feel like the arguing passed this over and made people miss it. Will NYCFC be announcing anything tomorrow or was that just a report?

I'll ask again because I feel like the arguing passed this over and made people miss it. Will NYCFC be announcing anything tomorrow or was that just a report?

It was a rumour.. Meaning that we don´t know :D

It was just a report. Nothing has come directly from the club at all.
Everyone else seems pretty certain.
I would imagine they would have at least made some sort of an announcement.
Also rumored was that Jason was in Manchester. So I'm assuming if there was to be an announcement it would be early and from Manchester.

David Villa really was a surprise, still a fantastic player and at 32, could still play at the top level. Between 2007-2012 he was probably the best out and out striker around, overall. Villa and Lampard signed. Two down one to go, Puyol? Demichelis? Xavi? Gilardino?

It's good to see NYCFC at the very least matching the ambition of clubs like Toronto and NYRBs. With Villa and Lampard signing they probably have the best set of marquees around.

Red Bulls: Henry (36), Cahill (34)
Toronto: J.Cesar (34), Bradley (26), Defoe (31)
LA Galaxy: Donovan (32), Keane (33), Gonzalez (25)
New York City: Villa (32), Lampard (35) + AN Other

Promising times.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
David Villa really was a surprise, still a fantastic player and at 32, could still play at the top level. Between 2007-2012 he was probably the best out and out striker around, overall. Villa and Lampard signed. Two down one to go, Puyol? Demichelis? Xavi? Gilardino?

It's good to see NYCFC at the very least matching the ambition of clubs like Toronto and NYRBs. With Villa and Lampard signing they probably have the best set of marquees around.

Red Bulls: Henry (36), Cahill (34)
Toronto: J.Cesar (34), Bradley (26), Defoe (31)
LA Galaxy: Donovan (32), Keane (33), Gonzalez (25)
New York City: Villa (32), Lampard (35) + AN Other

Promising times.
I think we can rule out Pujol now that he has committed himself to Barcelona.
I do see us signing Demichelis. Would be great to have a DP in each third.

Also, welcome to the site. Great first post!

I think we can rule out Pujol now that he has committed himself to Barcelona.
I do see us signing Demichelis. Would be great to have a DP in each third.

Also, welcome to the site. Great first post!
Thanks, didn't realise that about Puyol. I can see it being another midfielder, Xavi would be my guess.
I reckon Pellegrini still fancies Demichelis and won't let him go for another season at least.

Actually very glad about both Demichelis and Puyol not coming. More firepower up front. I want to destroy Mexican clubs.

I want an American international for the third DP slot. But I'll be very surprised if there isn't at least one former Man City player in the squad. Which is why Demichelis makes sense. Especially with City shopping for new CB's such as Benatia and Mangala.

I brought him up a while back as well. Would be amazing to see him play for our club. He's shown this season that he can still strike a ball with the best of them.

Reactions: kun
Yeah, He's got something like 20 goals and 10 assists this season, still has it.

Think we're missing a playmaker.

Wonder about a guy like Zac Macmath as GK with the kid they drafted this year

I could see the keeper being Nick Rimando. Ageing, but still a pretty good keeper and was Kreis' keeper at RSL.

Just remember the budget. That's all. Is Rimando a DP?

Not at the moment I don't think and I doubt he'd demand a pay rise for a move to NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.