David Villa To Nycfc?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I don't think he mean's it like that.

Anyways, the signing does send a signal of intent. I think it was last summer before he moved to Atleti he was
Inked with MCFC, Arsenal and Spurs. We've seen this season that he's "still got it".

This is the beginning my friends, the beginning of something BIG.
Maybe not. As you put it, DV's still quality. According to the post to which I replied, DV would rate somewhere around 30th best striker in the PL on the up side or as low 60-70th.

The suggestion that there are even 30 strikers more in the EPL who are more quality than him is hilarious. And false. But I think you and I agree about that.

I wonder how good Villa's english is. Either way I'm absolutely estatic!! One of my favorite strikers in the modern game playing for my team!!

Maybe not. As you put it, DV's still quality. According to the post to which I replied, DV would rate somewhere around 30th best striker in the PL on the up side or as low 60-70th.

The suggestion that there are even 30 strikers more in the EPL who are more quality than him is hilarious. And false. But I think you and I agree about that.
A lot of us here in the UK would love DV to play for us (mcfc) up until NYCFC season starts as we know he still has the class he's shown in yesteryear.

What seems to be happening is that DV will train with MCFC along with Fat Frank until NYCFC season starts, meaning they'll both be in prime fitness. I could see DV being the spark that kickstarts the revolution.

I wonder how good Villa's english is. Either way I'm absolutely estatic!! One of my favorite strikers in the modern game playing for my team!!

I´m sure some guys on here might contemplate being a bedder.. i.e Staff retained by big clubs just to make sure that star players are settled in and got someone to call if they got a problem, need a driver or whatever..

A lot of us here in the UK would love DV to play for us (mcfc) up until NYCFC season starts as we know he still has the class he's shown in yesteryear.

What seems to be happening is that DV will train with MCFC along with Fat Frank until NYCFC season starts, meaning they'll both be in prime fitness. I could see DV being the spark that kickstarts the revolution.

That will be a positive, no doubt. Not sure if you saw my post in the Lampard thread, but Fat Frank is rumored to be on non-DP wages. That, to me, makes all the difference in how I view that move. Makes much more sense to bring him on as a complementary role player than a fundamental component of the squad.

Bringing him over without paying him big money would put all of MLS on notice that NYCFC intends to be competitive from day one.

I'm not sure about the non-DP wages thing. The only talk of his wages I've heard before this rumour popped up is that he's agreed a salary of "lower than his £150,000/week wage at Chelsea". To actually be on non-DP salary would require a salary of about £6,000/week or less, which I think is a bit of a push. I could see him on £50k, but not sure about £6k.

That said, there are also rumours going round that people close to him are denying that a deal has been agreed.

Villa is saying goodbye to the Atletico fans on Twitter... This is happening

Wow, that goodbye video is big proof, but I still can't believe it until NYCFC says something. But this is so exciting!!

It would be a big shock now if this were not to go through and it certainly does look like you will have a genuine Spanish international in your first season. Frank at 36 can still contribute hugely on a one year deal and I know a lot of Chelsea fans are gutted to be losing him.

The mentality of MCFC over the last couple of seasons is to keep quiet and do their business efficiently and with as little fuss as possible, it certainly looks like this is also going to be true of NYCFC.

Multiple high profile media outlets on top of this story now.
Cross our fingers that he is coming to NYCFC. Never know, could be MCFC.

Multiple high profile media outlets on top of this story now.
Cross our fingers that he is coming to NYCFC. Never know, could be MCFC.

Like MCFC are even looking at strikers.. :rolleyes:

No, this baby will come to New York and whenever Spain play in WC some commentator will harp on about him coming to MLS and come late June everyone will be sick and tired of hearing it, unless they support NYCFC that is :D

Reactions: Across the Pond
This is so exciting it's kept me off the forum for the last couple of days! I'm too busy refreshing twitter!

My season ticket's looking great value right about now!

Reactions: Buz23
I'm humour you, in what way is this a 'snide, backhanded compliment'?

I know what you were saying, BS, but in fairness to Midas, the way you emphasised people might like Villa as a third or fourth choice, and then went on to say that he might even be first choice for a bottom-half club could be read as a deliberate put-down to the quality of MLS - you could've easily stopped at saying they might like him as a squad player. I don't believe that was your intention, but you have to recognise that many people on this forum are not Europeans who compare Europe to America, but Americans who compare America to Europe and who are used to Europeans telling them how poor their league is in compared to ours, and therefore are likely to view comparisons like that as having a subtle undertext.

That will be a positive, no doubt. Not sure if you saw my post in the Lampard thread, but Fat Frank is rumored to be on non-DP wages. That, to me, makes all the difference in how I view that move. Makes much more sense to bring him on as a complementary role player than a fundamental component of the squad.

Bringing him over without paying him big money would put all of MLS on notice that NYCFC intends to be competitive from day one.
I'd saw that he was on a lot less than his £150'000 a week at Chelsea, which as you said makes a lot of a difference. Am I right in saying that we could get in 2 more marquee signings because of this?

Utter rubbish. The Premier League is now a league where a club which wishes to contend on all fronts needs three - four quality striking options. Manchester City have four in Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic. Removing Aguero from the equation, how do we rank Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic? You quite simply can't. You have three - four choices, they are not ranks. Therefore to include DV in your choice of four attackers is nothing but a compliment of the highest regard to the player, NYCFC and to an extent, the MLS.

And Manchester City has more striking depth than any team on earth. I imagine Villa would be first choice striker on 13-15 Prem teams.

Great signing, any top European club would be pleased with David Villa. Looks like Frank Lampard could be next, exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.