Eastern confrence final

The Football League Trophy doesn't get televised. It's too small of a tournament to have a TV audience. The prize money just comes from a single sponsor.

I'm just amazed that the CCL can't muster up enough sponsorship even to boost the prize money for winning it even to a six-figure sum.

no sponsors see potential at all.....like others mentioned they jerseys have sooo many sponsrs. thats because some of the teams cant even make payroll. a big tv deal will go a long way but there just is no interest at all .

i dont know how it compares to say the Asian or African champions league but i feel concacaf is still the worst when it comes to cash prizes.

Reactions: adam
no sponsors see potential at all.....like others mentioned they jerseys have sooo many sponsrs. thats because some of the teams cant even make payroll. a big tv deal will go a long way but there just is no interest at all .

i dont know how it compares to say the Asian or African champions league but i feel concacaf is still the worst when it comes to cash prizes.
It's tough because the per capita income of most Concacaf countries is pretty low compared to the US & Canada. There just isn't a lot of return on investment for a lot of sponsors. If televised better in the US/Canada, then there'd be more incentive for sponsors to splash a little/lot more.

While we are collectively balking at the CCL bonuses, I bet a lot of the Concacaf teams' players would be very happy splitting the pot on a semi-deep run. For MLS players, individual splits amount to a few rent payments.

Reactions: adam
CCL with groups of four and four teams from each Mexico and MLS would be able to sell a TV package of 8+ MX-MLS games in group stage alone. They almost have to make a change.

More of the CCL games were on TV this season. I bet as the sport grows, and MLS becomes more competitive, the t
TV coverage will improve along with revenue.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
More of the CCL games were on TV this season. I bet as the sport grows, and MLS becomes more competitive, the TV coverage will improve along with revenue.

I'm of the capitalist opinion that if smaller Central American and Caribbean Zone clubs don't have the finances to compete, they shouldn't compete.

Obviously I'm biased, but I would be completely for factoring in finances to the equation and qualifying something extreme like:

Automatic Bids
(4) Mexico
(4) USA
(2) Canada (From Voyagers and CPL Winners)
(5) Central American Zone (From Preliminary Round)
(1) Caribbean Zone (Caribbean Championship Winner)

Central American Zone Preliminary Round
(2) Costa Rica
(2) Honduras
(2) Guatemala
(1) Panama
(1) Nicaragua
(1) El Salvador
(1) Belize

I don't want this tournament held back by the financial disparities. As the tournament grows in value, it can expand to include more teams due to higher prizes.

But I guess I'm way off topic now.

More of the CCL games were on TV this season. I bet as the sport grows, and MLS becomes more competitive, the t
TV coverage will improve along with revenue.

is this true? i could of sworn a bunch were on Facebook live thru the concacaf page....i think i remember some timbers andi think i red bull game there

I'm of the capitalist opinion that if smaller Central American and Caribbean Zone clubs don't have the finances to compete, they shouldn't compete.

Obviously I'm biased, but I would be completely for factoring in finances to the equation and qualifying something extreme like:

Automatic Bids
(4) Mexico
(4) USA
(2) Canada (From Voyagers and CPL Winners)
(5) Central American Zone (From Preliminary Round)
(1) Caribbean Zone (Caribbean Championship Winner)

Central American Zone Preliminary Round
(2) Costa Rica
(2) Honduras
(2) Guatemala
(1) Panama
(1) Nicaragua
(1) El Salvador
(1) Belize

I don't want this tournament held back by the financial disparities. As the tournament grows in value, it can expand to include more teams due to higher prizes.

But I guess I'm way off topic now.

basically the same format as before....however in this plan i think Costa Rica gets screwed.....they tend to do well in this tournament. i think they need at least one spot in group stage