Emelec Postmatch

I dream for the day our stadium is completed and we have all the folks in attendance as passionate. Or at least 2 sections of the stadium

We're more likely to have our own stadium than the ability to use flairs in any stadium we play in (in the US).

Reactions: Kjbert
My reactions to the behind the scenes.
1) All the charity work and commitment to the community is awesome. That will have a lasting impact for atleast a while.
2) Villa shaking every kids and players hand before the match was really cool and really shows his commitment to the club and to the game.
3) Why was Tommy holding hands with 2 girls? What happened there?
4) Ugo looked like the super star at the end of the match getting all the photos taken with him. I wonder if they know something down there about him that we don't know.

My reactions to the behind the scenes.
1) All the charity work and commitment to the community is awesome. That will have a lasting impact for atleast a while.
2) Villa shaking every kids and players hand before the match was really cool and really shows his commitment to the club and to the game.
3) Why was Tommy holding hands with 2 girls? What happened there?
4) Ugo looked like the super star at the end of the match getting all the photos taken with him. I wonder if they know something down there about him that we don't know.

Nobody can resist Tubby Messi.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I know I'm a bit late with this, but I have some comments.

First, that is how you do an international friendly -- I love seeing the Club doing community/charitable outreach in our local community as well as other locations when the opportunity arises. I'm a big believer that football clubs should be about more than just winning and making money. Hope to see NYCFC keep this up.

As for the match itself, I was impressed with James Sands particularly in that atmosphere. He was calm and collected on the ball and made some good reads/tackles to break up plays. It can't be overlooked that he was playing in the "hole" next to Pirlo and in front of the back line and was very composed even for a veteran, let alone a 16 yr old. He also showed some good vision on a couple of long passes to the wingers. He hit Shelton on one and just put a bit too much weight on one to Harrison. I hope we sign him to the first team. I could see him getting plenty of games to make it worthwhile.