Fifa Corruption

How on earth did blather manage to win? How much were the Asian and African voters given in compensation for their votes?!

Reactions: TabascoDiva
They've always backed him. He facilitates the internal culture that allows football executives in these small countries to get bribes, payouts, 'gifts' etc. in exchange for their votes. Doesn't ask questions, doesn't push for ethics inquiries, stonewalls outside investigators. He was always going to win.

Is the right answer

Reactions: mgarbowski
In response to UEFA discussing boycotts, Blatter says he will try to diminish their influence in international football...smart move, because you weren't giving them reason enough to boycott in the past.

Reactions: Gavin23
Couple of things related to the USA.

Copa America Centanario - Will this go ahead now ? Gulati has said they will have to look into it as it has been used to try and solicit favours. Hopefully it still does.

2026 World Cup. Now that its voted by all the members of FIFA, would members be willing to give a WC to the USA knowing that many of them would never want to step in the USA ever again after what has transpired ?

Couple of things related to the USA.

Copa America Centanario - Will this go ahead now ? Gulati has said they will have to look into it as it has been used to try and solicit favours. Hopefully it still does.

2026 World Cup. Now that its voted by all the members of FIFA, would members be willing to give a WC to the USA knowing that many of them would never want to step in the USA ever again after what has transpired ?

This latest news make me feel naive and extremely disappointed. I had always looked up to FIFA as being one of the cleanest worldwide organizations. Sadly under Sepp Blatter leadership , it has proven to be another, blatantly dirty corrupt enterprise. While Under Havelange's leadership he was criticized for ruling it with an iron hand, yet he kept blatant corruption under control.

I remember , in my eyes their golden shine became tarnished a bit with the results of the World Cup being awarded to Qatar, I suspected something dirty. Millions of petro- dollars and arm twisting were done under the the table... Before the final vote, it all seemed the USA was the favorite and when the final vote came it was a shock to many, that even L. Donovan walked out of the assembly as soon as he heard the USA had lost the bid. After the shock , Donovan had to bite his tongue to not lash out. Even Univisions Republica Deportiva Fernando Fiore an outspoken host, said that he wanted to say a lot but it was best not say more.

Last edited:
Reactions: ferrarinycfc
In response to UEFA discussing boycotts, Blatter says he will try to diminish their influence in international football...smart move, because you weren't giving them reason enough to boycott in the past.

Thats it. Blatter is officially a sith lord. We need to start calling him Darth Blatter from now on.

How on earth did blather manage to win? How much were the Asian and African voters given in compensation for their votes?!
Ive read that Spain and France voted for him too. I cannot understand that given UEFAs issues with FIFA at the moment.