Home - 04/19 Portland

For the next home game that Fox Sports is going to show, the Third Rail should do some "ESPN" chants or "Fox Sucks"
Third rails too busy getting kicked out of the stadium for cursing and/or standing on the benches. They did have the place rocking last nite. Shout out
to all the SG's!

or make a clever espn acronym sign ... like this one ...

Every
Spanish
Player
Named david villa is great

I ripped my hair out when he did that. He puts his head down, breaks a defender and then looks up realizing he's in no-mans land and has no one to pass to. I've noticed him do this in every game. Maybe if makes himself more aware of what is happening around him he can be more effective, but right now he's just killing the team when he's on the pitch.
This is a team issue. Watch any great team and pay attention to the players off the ball. As soon as the player with the ball starts to make a move the players off the ball begin to make their runs. That way as soon as the player gets past the first defender there are teammates becoming available.

This is a huge timing challenge. Players need to get used to how one another break down the D. They need to get used to where those runs should be. They need time to gel. Oh, and they need at least 2 of their top 3 players on the field. With 0 out of top 3 offensive players, expecting more from an expansion team is as ambitious as a Calle 40-yard shot.

BTW, kudos to Calle for reigning that tendency in now that he is playing FB.

This is a team issue. Watch any great team and pay attention to the players off the ball. As soon as the player with the ball starts to make a move the players off the ball begin to make their runs.

THIS! Nobody presses up to the back line. He turned around because there was nobody running to the box. That's not his fault.

I watched the match off my DVR since since I was at the game, gotta say I like how we played overall. Our defense wasn't bad and our buildup is getting better, the goals will come. I don't know if anyone mentioned it but Brovsky had a great game, he's back in my good graces. I really like how we pass the ball and keep possession, the players are starting to understand each other better. Can't wait for the results to go in our favor