Home 07/12 - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked a step slow still against NJ. Not sure why he wasn't in for MTL.
Yeah that's why I mentioned it. I thought his RB appearance would herald his return to the starting 11. But it might have been too soon.

Yeah that's why I mentioned it. I thought his RB appearance would herald his return to the starting 11. But it might have been too soon.
Agreed. After NJ match I noticed that no one mentioned their third goal was scored off a set piece that was given up by Calle because he was pretty easily beaten in the corner.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not sure why Calle is so highly rated on here. I was not really impressed with him before the injury.
He had a few good games at LB, but still, we weren't playing well with him there. The experiment with him at LM was a disaster, too. He's solid, but I'm not sure he's a starter.

Can we at least have the debate that he's not worth the $500k buy on fee? I'd rather see him sent back to Medellin than be bought in the winter transfer window.

I just grabbed a pair of tickets in section 207. I was holding out to see if they were going to open up the 300 & 400 sections, because I'm somewhat interested in seeing what it's like up there. At this point that doesn't look like it's going to happen, so I grabbed two before they sold out.

I would imagine the Orlando game will have enough interest for the upper deck to be opened, so I'll just have to wait. :D

Looking at the map, there are about 600 tickets left for the Toronto game. I would imagine they'd sell out pretty quickly if Lampard's debut is confirmed. There are about 60 tickets left for Orlando. I think they would be justified in opening the full stadium for both games, but whoever the NYC organizers are seem to be dimwits.
I''d forecast 35,000 for a Lampard debut against Toronto and 43,000 against Orlando.

Looking at the map, there are about 600 tickets left for the Toronto game. I would imagine they'd sell out pretty quickly if Lampard's debut is confirmed. There are about 60 tickets left for Orlando. I think they would be justified in opening the full stadium for both games, but whoever the NYC organizers are seem to be dimwits.
I''d forecast 35,000 for a Lampard debut against Toronto and 43,000 against Orlando.
They have probably 2,000 tickets not available for individual sale which are reserved for season ticket sales. Many of those seats will end up being made available in the days leading up to the match.

Is it me, or did they change the time for the game (and a few others)? I have the NYCFC Google calendar synched up and they have 5pm listed and everywhere else it's 3pm - dafuck?

Reactions: 413Blue
Is it me, or did they change the time for the game (and a few others)? I have the NYCFC Google calendar synched up and they have 5pm listed and everywhere else it's 3pm - dafuck?
Wow thankfully you posted that because I had my whole day planned around a 5pm match. I'm assuming it got changed when they announced they were changing that batch of games to ESPN.

Just noticed the same thing. I have it as 5pm in my phone. That would have been a nice surprise, showing up the middle of the second half. Gonna be a rough one for the players - 87/partly cloudy. Hottest time of the day.

Definitely changed to 3:00.

IIRC this match is going to be broadcast on ESPN and they may have moved it to an earlier time so as not to conflict with whatever Gold Cup match is being televised that night.

ESPN are showing the game live at 3pm. There's no logical reason why and it conflicts with Yankees at Red Sox.

Reactions: The Toe
What are people's predictions for Iraola, do we think he starts? His arrival has coincided with the reappearance all the blue debut advertisements on the team website showing both him and Lampard that had disappeared for a bit when it seemed he was having visa issues. Also, Lampard starts right? Or should I not be taking that as a given.

What are people's predictions for Iraola, do we think he starts? His arrival has coincided with the reappearance all the blue debut advertisements on the team website showing both him and Lampard that had disappeared for a bit when it seemed he was having visa issues. Also, Lampard starts right? Or should I not be taking that as a given.

Grabavoy starts obviously. Lampard comes on in the 80th min. Because Kreis.

I actually think Iraola would, most times anyway, be a better bet to start than Lampard. Lampard may start given that Mix is gone and we have Grabaoy with a dinged up toe.

Also, there is less opportunity to boo FF if he starts, and I'm sure that will play into the decision.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
Status
Not open for further replies.