Home 07/12 - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Iraola would, most times anyway, be a better bet to start than Lampard. Lampard may start given that Mix is gone and we have Grabaoy with a dinged up toe.

Also, there is less opportunity to boo FF if he starts, and I'm sure that will play into the decision.
I'm thinking that won't stop you though!!!!;)

What are people's predictions for Iraola, do we think he starts? His arrival has coincided with the reappearance all the blue debut advertisements on the team website showing both him and Lampard that had disappeared for a bit when it seemed he was having visa issues. Also, Lampard starts right? Or should I not be taking that as a given.

I think Lampard and Iraola both start. Angelino I think begins as a sub, although I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make an appearance against Toronto.

I think Lampard and Iraola both start. Angelino I think begins as a sub, although I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make an appearance against Toronto.
Agree. I think Lampard and Iraola both start. They both get subbed (Poku and Brovsky/Allen respectively) around 60 minutes. We keep our recent run of form - 3 more points.

Reactions: joe
Agree. I think Lampard and Iraola both start. They both get subbed (Poku and Brovsky/Allen respectively) around 60 minutes. We keep our recent run of form - 3 more points.

Are you sure on that one? From a CFG standpoint I can see directions to have both Lamps and Iraola stay on the pitch until its over.

Lampard and Iraola will 100% be starting. Angelino is less certain, both Sunday and beyond, given his youth.

- - - - - - - - - Villa - - - - - Mullins - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Lampard - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Grabavoy - - - - - - Ballouchy - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Jacobson - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Wingert - - - Facey - - - Hernandez - - Iraola -

Lampard and Iraola will 100% be starting. Angelino is less certain, both Sunday and beyond, given his youth.

- - - - - - - - - Villa - - - - - Mullins - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Lampard - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Grabavoy - - - - - - Ballouchy - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Jacobson - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Wingert - - - Facey - - - Hernandez - - Iraola -

Wouldnt mind that lineup with tommy mac in for grab and poku in for ballouchy

Reactions: Mack
Given our success against Canadian teams so far, Toronto missing starters and home field advantage; how concerned should we be with anything less than a win?

Given our success against Canadian teams so far, Toronto missing starters and home field advantage; how concerned should we be with anything less than a win?

This really must be a win for us. TFC is missing so many key players (4 starters, 2 DPs) and they've scored exactly 0 goals in their last 2 matches. As long as we concentrate on shutting down Giovinco again this match shouldn't be too much of a problem. Plus, the stadium should be absolutely amped with the new players making their debuts.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
This really must be a win for us. TFC is missing so many key players (4 starters, 2 DPs) and they've scored exactly 0 goals in their last 2 matches. As long as we concentrate on shutting down Giovinco again this match shouldn't be too much of a problem. Plus, the stadium should be absolutely amped with the new players making their debuts.

I'm interested to see how the league reacts to the physicality of our previous game with TFC. A lot of our success against Giovinco came from knocking him around. Combine that with the fight after the game and I could see the league telling the ref to call it tight. If that's the case we will need to adjust on the fly, hopefully we can before someone picks up a red or Gio runs all over us.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Not sure if this is the right spot (I searched around the Forums for a dedicated thread but didn't find one) but I have two tickets for Sunday's game I can't use. Section 133, Row 24, Seats 1 and 2. They are my season seats. I'm gonna be away so I'm willing to sell them face value ($23) to any forum member who wants/needs them. Mods, to the extent this isn't where it belongs, please direct me and I'll delete this post.
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/ticket-inquiry-megathread.2678/

I'm interested to see how the league reacts to the physicality of our previous game with TFC. A lot of our success against Giovinco came from knocking him around. Combine that with the fight after the game and I could see the league telling the ref to call it tight. If that's the case we will need to adjust on the fly, hopefully we can before someone picks up a red or Gio runs all over us.
We should be able to boss the midfield this game, which we couldn't last time, largely because of Bradley and Osorio, who will not be there. We lose mix, but gain lampard, basically a swap, and we gain a HUGE improvement at right back (Allen last time), and hopefully CB. I will be shocked if we have to park the bus again and shocked if Gio sees much of the ball. Should be able to take the game to TO and let Villa toy with their shitty defense. I have felt that we should win before, and we have found a way to suck, but we really ought to win this one at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.