Home 07/12 - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really must be a win for us. TFC is missing so many key players (4 starters, 2 DPs) and they've scored exactly 0 goals in their last 2 matches. As long as we concentrate on shutting down Giovinco again this match shouldn't be too much of a problem. Plus, the stadium should be absolutely amped with the new players making their debuts.

Giovinco should be as frustrated as Villa was during our big losing stretch... No one to pass to.. no one to get him the ball... taking off balance shots from way outside the box.... We should dominate this game

never thought I'd see a possible trap game from our first year club, but this has trap written all over it. No question they should come out aggressive, and just ride the momentum to victory, while giving Gio a bump every time the ref isn't looking. Do not want to see them looking at this match on paper though thinking they should cruise. No mercy BIB.

I think if Iraola starts Kries might start Alverez on the right side of the mid field to help with communication and give him someone hes comfortable with for link up play.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
With Jozy and Bradley out for Toronto and a smaller field which will make Giovinvo easier to contain (and foul), I expect us to have a lot of possession and score a lot during this one. My Mix hat trick prediction was correct before (thanks to Carli Lloyd #10 USA), but I'm going to have to pass on my Poku double brace, el hat trick plus uno.

NYCFC 4 - Toronto 1: McNamara, Lampard, Lampard, Villa.

Are you sure on that one? From a CFG standpoint I can see directions to have both Lamps and Iraola stay on the pitch until its over.
No value there for CFG. Both players get curtain calls while saving their legs and easing them in. Can't imagine any reason CFG would say they have to stay in for 90.

Reactions: Gene
This really must be a win for us. TFC is missing so many key players (4 starters, 2 DPs) and they've scored exactly 0 goals in their last 2 matches. As long as we concentrate on shutting down Giovinco again this match shouldn't be too much of a problem. Plus, the stadium should be absolutely amped with the new players making their debuts.
Hmm. Team is amped for a sellout crowd at YS with high expectation of win. What could go wrong?

Wait a second. Why am I feeling a sense of déjà vu?

Hmm. Team is amped for a sellout crowd at YS with high expectation of win. What could go wrong?

Wait a second. Why am I feeling a sense of déjà vu?

It's only a two tier sellout, not a four tier sellout. No need to fear déjà vu.

Reactions: FootyLovin

You were expecting a win in the Derby? That doesn't seem right -- I mean, I expected the team to put up a fight but I didn't expect a win. I thought the most likely outcome was a draw. For this match I think the circumstances (which have already been discussed in this thread) point to a NYCFC win but that's why they play and we watch the games! I'm predicting a 2-0 win (Villa continues his good form and Nemec finally gets on the board).

You were expecting a win in the Derby? That doesn't seem right -- I mean, I expected the team to put up a fight but I didn't expect a win. I thought the most likely outcome was a draw. For this match I think the circumstances (which have already been discussed in this thread) point to a NYCFC win but that's why they play and we watch the games! I'm predicting a 2-0 win (Villa continues his good form and Nemec finally gets on the board).

I'm expecting us to win every game we play, even if its Barcelona in the Club World Cup. I BELIEVE!

Fair point. I think after 3 straight wins and a midweek game for NJ with us fully rested there were some unfairly high hopes.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Tontono coming with no bradley, no altidore, and no osorio.

This is a must win game. I wish I could go uh.

I wasn't expecting a win but they came in on shit form and we were hot so I was hoping. Then after the early goal and being all over them for the first 20 mins or so it was a massive let down.

Got to remember to put on suntan first match we're playing that will be all daylight I believe.

I would have expected them to at least play like its a derby. RB played like they were the home team and our guys had no fight.

Form goes out of the window in derby matches. It plays with players' minds. For some, it amps them up to 11, for others they can get distracted by any of a number of things. In a game where control of the game can alternate between teams every few minutes and can flick from one extreme to the other based on chance occurrences, it's relatively common for one team to just knock the other for six (sorry, cricket term but I hope you get the picture).

Reactions: BxLio91
Form goes out of the window in derby matches. It plays with players' minds. For some, it amps them up to 11, for others they can get distracted by any of a number of things. In a game where control of the game can alternate between teams every few minutes and can flick from one extreme to the other based on chance occurrences, it's relatively common for one team to just knock the other for six (sorry, cricket term but I hope you get the picture).
I don't understand what bugs have to do with this.

Referee for this game is Ted Unkel, same guy we had for the chicago draw, in which we were reduced to ten men after Allen was sent off. Villa was hacked down in the box that game, but no foul was called there.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.