Home - 09/06 SKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, game in two days, we're still screwed. Sands has to start, right? You don't have any defensive midfielder left with Lopez out injured. Unless you play Pirlo/Maxi/TMac or Harrison which has zero defensive bite whatsoever.

Gonna be ugly Wednesday night. And it looks like heavy thunderstorms as well. Ugh.

I'm bringing 3 friends to the match (my Hartford bonus). 2 of which never saw a wanderers match before. This will be their intro. What are the chances they come back?

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm more worried about conceding goals than scoring in this one so to play defensively...

----------Lewis--Harrison------
--------Moralez---Pirlo---------
---------Awuah--Sands---------
-Sweat-Callens-Brillant-Allen-
------------Johnson--------------

It's a 4-4-2 really with Awuah and Sands playing as DMs.

If we're losing, pull Awuah or Sands for Okoli.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Wanders
Rovers
Nomads (stylized NoMads)
Squatters
The Evicted
Renters
Tenants
Vagabonds
Subleters
People can try to force the Pigeon moniker because of the NYC connection (even though every city has them), and maybe one day it'll stick (hope not), but I'm all for being known as a Wanderer or Rover (prefer Rover). It's just far too fitting an epitomizes our situation from day one (through at least year 6 at a minimum and extremely likely longer). And it's always better to embrace a "deficiency" than to get defensive about it.

<I still refuse to go to Hartford>

People can try to force the Pigeon moniker because of the NYC connection (even though every city has them), and maybe one day it'll stick (hope not), but I'm all for being known as a Wanderer or Rover (prefer Rover). It's just far too fitting an epitomizes our situation from day one (through at least year 6 at a minimum and extremely likely longer). And it's always better to embrace a "deficiency" than to get defensive about it.

<I still refuse to go to Hartford>

And I'm sure the FO will never embrace the wanderers/rover name. Because they don't like us to point out their major deficiency.

Reactions: mgarbowski
And I'm sure the FO will never embrace the wanderers/rover name. Because they don't like us to point out their major deficiency.
They don't have to embrace it, but after the Hartford fiasco, the supporters should.

I mean, it's not like the FO was every going to officially embrace the Pigeons either, but that doesn't mean they aren't willing to cash in on it via 1-off scarves and tees. With enough play over the next year, don't discount the possibility of the NYCFC meatpacking house having Rovers shirts in 2018 or a limited edition scarf.

Reactions: adam
I'm more worried about conceding goals than scoring in this one so to play defensively...

----------Lewis--Harrison------
--------Moralez---Pirlo---------
---------Awuah--Sands---------
-Sweat-Callens-Brillant-Allen-
------------Johnson--------------

It's a 4-4-2 really with Awuah and Sands playing as DMs.

If we're losing, pull Awuah or Sands for Okoli.
How do we avoid getting torn apart on the flanks? WhoScored makes it seem like they tend to play through the middle, so maybe it's a moot point. Also seems like they created a lot of chances against the Fire on the flanks, so it could be a disaster. I'm also worried about Benny Feilhaber against, well, basically any midfield we come up against, but Awuah and Sands in particular. He might really damage some young player confidence.

I'm hoping we play a counterattacking 4-3-3 with Harrison and Lewis taking turns at taking the ball off Shelton depending on the side the ball is on. Atleti-style defense to force the ball down the sides, force turnovers, find Shelton for the knockdown to the far winger, who plays narrow and slightly higher. Could do Okoli instead of Shelton but I'm not confident he has the intuition for moving to provide the outlet for the counter.

Shelton
Lewis Harrison
Maxi Pirlo Sands
Sweat Callens Brillant RJ
Johnson

How do we avoid getting torn apart on the flanks? WhoScored makes it seem like they tend to play through the middle, so maybe it's a moot point. Also seems like they created a lot of chances against the Fire on the flanks, so it could be a disaster. I'm also worried about Benny Feilhaber against, well, basically any midfield we come up against, but Awuah and Sands in particular. He might really damage some young player confidence.

I'm hoping we play a counterattacking 4-3-3 with Harrison and Lewis taking turns at taking the ball off Shelton depending on the side the ball is on. Atleti-style defense to force the ball down the sides, force turnovers, find Shelton for the knockdown to the far winger, who plays narrow and slightly higher. Could do Okoli instead of Shelton but I'm not confident he has the intuition for moving to provide the outlet for the counter.

Shelton
Lewis Harrison
Maxi Pirlo Sands
Sweat Callens Brillant RJ
Johnson

I'm worried about those long throw ins.

Reactions: canchon
Status
Not open for further replies.