Home - 7/8 New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those STHs who want to tell Dome in person how important this game is, there are still at this moment 6 spots left (out of 80) for the meet and greet at Rock Center on Thursday. Just 100 points -- I'm surprised it didn't sell out faster.

One has to wonder how quickly Dome can understand the weight of this game for us and how much he'll invest in getting our players fully prepared to WIN.

Fuck this game.
Funny you say this... was at the game in Chicago and they had a media guy coming up to NYC fans asking us to help make a video for Dome to watch so he can better understand the rivalry and the passion involved in it.

Funny you say this... was at the game in Chicago and they had a media guy coming up to NYC fans asking us to help make a video for Dome to watch so he can better understand the rivalry and the passion involved in it.
I think Dome can flip mode into prickly pineapple

Reactions: mgarbowski

That's dope.

Honestly, just let him watch a compilation of the GoT battle between The Mountain & Red Viper, then the Red Wedding, and finally the Battle of the Bastards scene. Maybe for good measure a finale of Hardhome. Roll one into the next continuously.

That should give him an idea....

hmm, new European coach leading NYCFC, still learning the league, seems to prioritize possession and offense over defense, heading into his first NJRB derby, playing at home....I remember how this went last time, very nervous.

i wasn’t expecting a win in Chiraq, nor am i expecting a win here. it’ll take time to perfect the changes Domè will bring.

i expect to see some new faces in the 11. and a Tie at best

I hate Sunday night games. Especially when nobody feels particularly confident about the outcome. I may save myself the late trek home and watch this one at the bar... where I can cry into my beer.

Reactions: Vallos
honest thoughts on the video? think Dome will actually feel something? imagine if it did work.

Terrible. It just looks and feels pathetic. It was a GREAT idea that was executed poorly. (in my opinion) This was not something to post publicly. This should have been a private communication from the fans to Dome.

If that's all he sees, he will feel absolutely nothing.

I'm not even sure the video is a good idea. I don't think -- especially while we have a losing record against RB -- that fans can do or say anything to emphasize the importance of the derby without sounding desperate. Have you folks been to any City in the Boroughs meetings after a derby loss? Half of it it just a succession of people coming to the mike to say (1) they really hate losing to the Red Bulls, (2) they love this team so much that losing to the Red Bulls makes them ill, (3) and they really, really, really, hate losing to the Red Bulls. I mean the point gets through, but it's not a good look and definitely not suitable for public consumption.

Last edited:
I just now actually watched the video and yes i agree that was absolutely horrific. :(
We just need our real fans to show up at Dome's house at 1:30 sunday morning and chant and sing all night. :p

I'm not even sure the video is a good idea. I don't think -- especially while we have a losing record against RB -- that fans can do or say anything to emphasize the importance of the derby without sounding desperate. Have you folks been to any of the City in the Boroughs meetings after a derby loss? Half of it it just a succession of people coming to the mike to say (1) they really hate losing to the Red Bulls, (2) they love this team so much that losing to the Red Bulls makes them ill, (3) and they really, really, really, hate losing to the Red Bulls. I mean the point gets through, but it's not a good look and definitely not suitable for public consumption.

He doesn’t get it. He’s not really going to get it, at least not soon. And we can’t expect him to really get it.

I share mgarbowski mgarbowski ’s concerns. If this isn’t extremely well made, it’s going to look like a lot of the other stuff the club does- rushed, poorly thought out, gimmicky and a waste of resources.

PS- if I seem overly negative about the club all the time, it’s cause I am. And they deserve it.

Last edited:
The video was amateurish and cringe-worthy. With that said, the guy doesn’t need a video to understand what a derby means. He already gets it. And I am sure that his staff and players provided additional context.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.