Jorge Teixeira Deal Finalized?

There were probably 5 immediate difference makers in last year's draft - Larin, Parker, Roldan, Alashe and Matt Polster. Those 5 guys could start for almost any team in MLS. Larin, Parker and Polster would start for us tomorrow. In limited action, you could argue Shelton was also a difference maker.

At #4 you can (and should) get an immediate difference maker if you draft well.
It took some of those picks a few months to impact their club. So immediate is slightly overstating it, but the general point that at #4 we should get someone who can contribute in 2016 is correct.

It took some of those picks a few months to impact their club. So immediate is slightly overstating it, but the general point that at #4 we should get someone who can contribute in 2016 is correct.
I actually think that you are also overstating. The general point is that at #4 there probably exists a pick out there that can contribute to our club. However, history tells us that at the #4 pick we are facing odds of 70 to 30 against us getting the pick right.

I actually think that you are also overstating. The general point is that at #4 there probably exists a pick out there that can contribute to our club. However, history tells us that at the #4 pick we are facing odds of 70 to 30 against us getting the pick right.
Exactly. It is nearly 100% likely that the best four players in this draft will not be the first four taken.

Exactly. It is nearly 100% likely that the best four players in this draft will not be the first four taken.

But it's not about possibilities, it's about probabilities. None of us are professional scouts, or have seen someone like Harrison play enough to have a non-regurgitated opinion, but if our management thinks Harrison is twice as likely to be twice as good, you make a move.

Hindsight is always 20/20. However, if you take a look at the data post, nearly all of the players that actually contribute to their team that come out of the draft are top 10 picks.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/report-leiges-teixeira-43861/

More smoke:

According to Belgian publication HLN, Teixeira’s transfer to NYCFC is “imminent.” EoS first reported club interest in the player in December.

HLN reports Standard Leige pursued a transfer for Teixeira after the arrival of Serbian defender Milos Kosanovic from KV Mechelen in Belgium. The reported move is described as “concrete,” adding that “negotiations went very smoothly and the transfer is imminent.”

If we don't sign Matarrita now and his club can't sell him before his contract expires, maybe we sign him on a free in December.
At this point I'm assuming Texeira plus an EDS LB fills out our offseason.

Tall CB removes the only justification I could see for playing Jacobson so much last year. Namely that aj was needed to defend set pieces. Good with the ball will be a huge upgrade from last year. So excited for this year!

Is "Teiexiera" Portuguese for "Mena?"
I hope not , I did not like Mena . Mena lacks speed, has a hard time going to his right to defend , poor passer and lacks a good first touch.

I hope he improves this years and show beter than he did last year.

I hope not , I did not like Mena . Mena lacks speed, has a hard time going to his right to defend , poor passer and lacks a good first touch.

I think Mena showed several flashes of capability, and hoping that he can be a great contributor this year. But I do see some reason why people criticize him.

However, he does not lack speed at all. He showed that last year, the guy can move.

I would not be surprised to see an EDS loanee CB if they think they need more competition for that spot yet. However, I like Mena and think he'll win the spot, and Hernandez is at least a decent fallback.

If we lock this down, does this require TAM?

Reason I ask is that Matarrita apparently comes in under the max salary level. So, we could come out of this with enough TAM to get another solid player.

If we lock this down, does this require TAM?

Reason I ask is that Matarrita apparently comes in under the max salary level. So, we could come out of this with enough TAM to get another solid player.

You could realistically sign a guy like Geoff Cameron and have no cap hit.

Back