Jorge Teixeira Deal Finalized?

Just got off work and saw the news. Gut-wrenching.

However, if these reports are true, it's important that we move on from this, just like the the FO will. There's no denying Teixeria's talent. He would've been a great fit in the heart of our defense. However, the world is full of talented players and I'm putting my money on that the FO has already begun preparations for new potential targets for NYC.

My greatest fear is that the FO will make a "panic" decision and sign a player that doesn't fit the culture and vision of the team. However, ever since PV and his staff were brought on board, I can see the patience in their decision making. PV and Reyna has a vision for this team, something that was blurred last season. I can say for certainty that they'll look to improve our team. If it's not Teixeria, it'll be someone else.

We still have time. The offseason isn't over tomorrow. We'll be linked to players soon...perhaps they'll potentially be an even greater fit for our team than Teixeria.
Agreed. Ultimately, most of us likely like the idea of what Teixeria represents more so than him in particular. We desperately need a player who fits what we've heard of him, but there should be other options out there if this really does fall down.

Agreed. Ultimately, most of us likely like the idea of what Teixeria represents more so than him in particular. We desperately need a player who fits what we've heard of him, but there should be other options out there if this really does fall down.

I've been trying to figure out how to say exactly this all day. Teixeira was a fine target, but ultimately no loss in the long run because there will be other transfer targets right around the corner. We didn't need him, we need a him.

I've been trying to figure out how to say exactly this all day. Teixeira was a fine target, but ultimately no loss in the long run because there will be other transfer targets right around the corner. We didn't need him, we need a him.
Speak for yourself. I wanted a Portuguese player to get a kit for my Portuguese dog.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
The owner of Charlton also has an ownership interest in Standard Leige. He has brought in multiple players and at least one other manager from Leige before.

That is absolutely correct. Charlton's current owner just sold his stake in Standard about two years ago. He is cutting his old club in.

I messaged Jorge yesterday and asked him directly. He read my message but didn't respond yet. Which means that he isn't confirming or denying anything yet but is likely not coming here. That was a different tune that last week when he spoke eagerly about our club.

Speak for yourself. I wanted a Portuguese player to get a kit for my Portuguese dog.

You and POTUS. This is disappointing because he fit the mold. Let's see who we go after next. I can always take my cleats back out of the closet. In also Portuguese and have played the holding mid and CB although I molded myself to be more of a Maniche type of player.

IMG_20151231_133727.jpg
You and POTUS. This is disappointing because he fit the mold. Let's see who we go after next. I can always take my cleats back out of the closet. In also Portuguese and have played the holding mid and CB although I molded myself to be more of a Maniche type of player.
Do you have an NYC roster slot and if so, what kit number will you be? My Podengo Portugeuse wants to know.

View attachment 3816
Do you have an NYC roster slot and if so, what kit number will you be? My Podengo Portugeuse wants to know.
Where'd you take this picture from - the cheap seats? It's so small I can't figure out if there's 2 dogs and a person or three dogs running around - it's like 68 pixels in size.

Reactions: Goodfella
Like I said in other thread

Someone get a hold of tefu's agent see if we can try again

Reactions: Konrad
This is just another sign that Martin DeMechellis is on his way

Where'd you take this picture from - the cheap seats? It's so small I can't figure out if there's 2 dogs and a person or three dogs running around - it's like 68 pixels in size.
Eh. Nexus 6 phone made by Motorola, who doesn't excel in photos, nor do I excel in uploads from a mobile device.

So pissed about this. He signed to shitty Charlton athletic for about $550,000/year. That is well within our ability to pay and he was a perfect fit for our needs. Is this Reyna's failure? Who fucked up that we went from smooth negotiations to losing the player in one weekend?

Learned our lesson, we haven't signed anyone until the team puts out a press release. That goes for Mataritta too

Reactions: BxLio91
Learned our lesson, we haven't signed anyone until the team putd out a press release. That goes for Mataritta too

i think with teixeira, it was always "very close" not done deal like with mataritta where their former club announced it in their official twitter account.

i think its two different situations and here Charlton either cockblocked or reyna was being cheap.

Reactions: Kjbert
was talking to a friend who is a charlton fan, charlton and standard liege have the same owner and the current charlton manager had manager teixeira before. very little we could do in this instance, i assume the new charlton boss came in and said he wanted teixeira and at that point we had no chance unless teixeira made a massive fuss about it and demanded a move to NYCFC