Jorge Teixeira Deal Finalized?

was talking to a friend who is a charlton fan, charlton and standard liege have the same owner and the current charlton manager had manager teixeira before. very little we could do in this instance, i assume the new charlton boss came in and said he wanted teixeira and at that point we had no chance unless teixeira made a massive fuss about it and demanded a move to NYCFC
Had the same owner. He sold his stake in Standard last year. It's a weird situation. Wouldn't be shocked if he had a clause that released him if they're relegated tbh.

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
Is Demechellis a better player today than Teixeira? I don't know Teixeira but Demechellis has been underwhelming this season.

That being said, 1.5 years of Demechellis on $1 Million a year isn't bad. If that's our solution for July 2016 - December 2017, I can live with that.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
Is Demechellis a better player today than Teixeira? I don't know Teixeira but Demechellis has been underwhelming this season.

That being said, 1.5 years of Demechellis on $1 Million a year isn't bad. If that's our solution for July 2016 - December 2017, I can live with that.

I like Demechellis and I think he still has enough left to make an impact for us but I can't get behind any plan that drops a starting CB into our backline mid-season. Last season showed that it doesn't work. We need our backline set from the start of the season so these guys can build the necessary understanding to be successful. We desperately need some consistency in our back 4 or it will be another disaster.

Last edited:
So pissed about this. He signed to shitty Charlton athletic for about $550,000/year. That is well within our ability to pay and he was a perfect fit for our needs. Is this Reyna's failure? Who fucked up that we went from smooth negotiations to losing the player in one weekend?
It's crappy, but it may not be anybody's fault that it went down like this. The player has to sign the contract and if his heart wasn't in it, then I for one don't want him here. He evidently felt a crappy Championship team facing exile in the third division was a better option for him AND decided this all at the last minute. That's not the kind of player I want anywhere near our team. For all we know, the NYCFC mind-trust could have felt the same way and didn't want a player that'd demand more money last minute or head elsewhere (because that's exactly what his agent would have done - use one offer to counter the other). You can't blame Reyna and Co. for calling his bluff and saying adios, have fun in your relegation battle.

So pissed about this. He signed to shitty Charlton athletic for about $550,000/year. That is well within our ability to pay and he was a perfect fit for our needs. Is this Reyna's failure? Who fucked up that we went from smooth negotiations to losing the player in one weekend?
A little quick to assume a failure on Reyna's part. Jorge could have easily decided that he didn't want to move to a new continent and that was that.

According to the press release, a conversation with the coach a few days ago convinced him.

would make no since if im a player, "Hey, I know you have this nycfc team who has some dudes named pirlo, villa, and lampard....but we got a real shot at playing in the third division in England next year!, plus you can have all the chourico you want!".

They had to have an idea this was happening, otherwise AJ doesn't play CB in Puerto Rico.

I agree that dropping in a new CB in July is a bad idea.

11220082_10207167527288288_6471129674668422929_n.jpg

Lol I was hoping AJ at CB in PR was more of a "show us we have a use for you or you're gone" type of experiment. If his face graces the back line of an MLS starting lineup pic I will vomit.

I think AJ just played CB because NYC was in a pinch. For some reason (which I don't recall being disclosed) Mena was not active for that match. He can't possibly be under consideration for a starting CB role. I won't allow it.

Edited for punctuation.

Last edited:
What bothers me about this is if transferring to MLS wasn't so complicated this wouldn't have happened. We were negotiating with him for weeks, Charlton gets a new coach who makes a call and less than 48 hours later he's holding up a jersey.

What bothers me about this is if transferring to MLS wasn't so complicated this wouldn't have happened. We were negotiating with him for weeks, Charlton gets a new coach who makes a call and less than 48 hours later he's holding up a jersey.

I don't think that's the issue at all here.

Reactions: Kjbert