Lampard Off?

It's not like Lampard is spending his time going on a television show. Well, actually.

He just doesn't get it. Or we don't get it because there is good news yet to be revealed.

they said Wingert was still in the team's plans only to reveal they had pretty much completed a trade by that point a day later, they said Jacobson had a knock and was still with the team as he was being shopped to west coast teams, should I continue?
can't agree on those 2 though as teams will rarely say, "yeah we're shopping so and so..." you immediately decrease value by doing so

Reactions: BxLio91 and joe
For those who follow Man City at least a little, how plausible is it that CFG is planning to transfer a Man City player over to us, but are just waiting until the conclusion of the Champions League run? Maybe that's the limbo we are in.

If so, Man City's second leg against Real Madrid in the semifinals is May 4 and the MLS window closes May 11, so they would have to get knocked out this round in order to execute the transfer this window.

For those who follow Man City at least a little, how plausible is it that CFG is planning to transfer a Man City player over to us, but are just waiting until the conclusion of the Champions League run? Maybe that's the limbo we are in.

If so, Man City's second leg against Real Madrid in the semifinals is May 4 and the MLS window closes May 11, so they would have to get knocked out this round in order to execute the transfer this window.

Or just a player not in the Champions League squad. Or they sign that contract that he transfers to MLS following the conclusion of said game. I'm sure Garber can Garber something to make it work.

I'm no expert but I'd say unlikely. I would be very surprised if any of them would agree to leave before the end of the season at the earliest, and I'd also be surprised if MCFC would be willing to let any of them go that early considering the season has been constantly derailed by countless injuries so they need all the spare players they can tie down.

As for after the season has ended - maybe, although most of the names we have suggested seem to have ruled themselves out recently. Nasri has said that he wants to stay to fight for a place under Pep, Yaya wants out but he wants to join another Premier League club (he's supposedly being eyed up by Liverpool), Bony sounds like he's going to West Ham or Swansea again etc. Likely if any players did move over (and I'd be tempted to say none will) it would be late in the summer transfer window, when they'd had chance to examine all of their options.

The trajectory of his training seems suspect to me from what we can surmise (man, I write like a dork) from the bits and pieces we have seen on social media etc. He seems to be moving further and further away from any direct training or interaction with the team. Earlier we would at least see some shots of him doing light field training with the team. Now he's taking time off and going on television shows, with an occasional nondescript stationary bike picture. Something is up, and my guess is he will be gone somehow someway.

The trajectory of his training seems suspect to me from what we can surmise (man, I write like a dork) from the bits and pieces we have seen on social media etc. He seems to be moving further and further away from any direct training or interaction with the team. Earlier we would at least see some shots of him doing light field training with the team. Now he's taking time off and going on television shows, with an occasional nondescript stationary bike picture. Something is up, and my guess is he will be gone somehow someway.
Yeah, his training doesn't match the injury in any way, shape, or form. I'd really like to know the back story when all of the parties just finally said, "fck it, it's over - how do we wind this down?"

I would have taken Zabaleta at the beginning of the season, but he's been beaten like a drum recently. Maybe we can get Kolarov after next season, but it might be he'll play like Zaba this year.

I would have taken Zabaleta at the beginning of the season, but he's been beaten like a drum recently. Maybe we can get Kolarov after next season, but it might be he'll play like Zaba this year.

Not sure how likely this would be but Kolarov has only gotten better with age. His pace has really picked up as well ! He's been surprising me match after match.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Before the season I was fully on the Lamps bandwagon (it was a small group of us if even more than me), but geez, give him the severance today and sign somebody before the window closes. Last night was exactly the type of game we could have used him in. The charade has to end and just cut the ties.

He's sitting on having played 20% of the team's minutes and 25% of its games since his signing was announced.
It doesn't help that he still has played more minutes for MC than for us and was deliberately taken away from us during what turned out to be the most sustained stretch of match fitness since that announcement.

Before the season I was fully on the Lamps bandwagon (it was a small group of us if even more than me), but geez, give him the severance today and sign somebody before the window closes. Last night was exactly the type of game we could have used him in. The charade has to end and just cut the ties.

So you're off that 10 goal prediction? We should have wagered.

So you're off that 10 goal prediction? We should have wagered.
The prediction means nothing if he doesn't see the field. I made that under the assumption he would heal in the normal amount of time tied to a calf injury, but it appears that he's being handled the same way Wingert and Jacobson were prior to their departure; not my fault that for all intents and purposes the club has banished him without making an announcement.

But if you want an I-told-you-so beer, I'll buy you a beer. I still stand by my statement that if he actually played regularily, he'd be good for 10 goals this season.

The prediction means nothing if he doesn't see the field. I made that under the assumption he would heal in the normal amount of time tied to a calf injury, but it appears that he's being handled the same way Wingert and Jacobson were prior to their departure; not my fault that for all intents and purposes the club has banished him without making an announcement.

But if you want an I-told-you-so beer, I'll buy you a beer. I still stand by my statement that if he actually played regularily, he'd be good for 10 goals this season.

Not sure you realize who you're taking to. You just offered me a free beer, so the answer is a resounding YES!!!

Reactions: Paul and SoupInNYC
Here's how it is going to go down.

We keep getting teased for another 2 months, then in June there will be a simultaneous announcement of FL's retirement and the signing of a third DP who just happens to be in the US for the Copa America Centenario.

So simple.