Lampard To Nycfc

I can knock the move and I believe 100% that those knocks are valid BUT I support the player and the team... We have to have our players back .

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Of course they know what they are doing, this is a marketing move. You make it sound like no sports executive has ever made a bad signing, we can say that all GM's know what they are doing because they have experience. Meanwhile stupid deals are made everyday, this in my opinion is one of them

The young in their prime DP people in MLS are all Americans, either produced by an MLS academy or USMNT coming home. I really don't know what you were expecting.

This is a two year deal, so he's not getting to 40. Chelsea by the reports was more than happy to pay him to be a contributor to their team. If he's good enough to contribute to Chelsea, he's good enough to start for MLS.

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
bit of an old list but almost none of these players are as you described above. I am not expecting leo messi but players that are 32-34 would be a lot better than 37 in their first year at the club. Those 3 or 4 years make a big difference
Chicago Fire (2): Juan Anangono (Ecuador), Egidio Arevalo Rios (Uruguay)
Chivas USA (2): Oswaldo Minda (Ecuador), Erick Torres (Mexico)
Columbus Crew (1): Federico Higuain (Argentina)
Colorado Rapids (1): Gabriel Torres (Panama)
FC Dallas (3): Mauro Diaz (Argentina), David Ferreira (Colombia), Fabian Castillo (Colombia)
D.C. United (1): Dwayne De Rosario (Canada)
Houston Dynamo (2): Oscar Boniek Garcia (Honduras), Alex Lopez (Honduras)
LA Galaxy (3): Robbie Keane (Republic of Ireland), Landon Donovan (USA), Omar Gonzalez (USA)
Montreal Impact (2): Hernan Bernardello (Argentina), Marco Di Vaio (Italy)
New England Revolution (1): Jerry Bengtson (Honduras)
New York Red Bulls (2): Tim Cahill (Australia), Thierry Henry (France)
Philadelphia Union (1): Kleberson (Brazil)
Portland Timbers (2): Diego Valeri (Argentina), Diego Chara (Colombia)
Real Salt Lake (2): Javier Morales (Argentina), Alvaro Saborio (Costa Rica)
Seattle Sounders (3): Mauro Rosales (Argentina), Obafemi Martins (Nigeria), Clint Dempsey (USA)
San Jose Earthquakes (1): Chris Wondolowski (USA)
Sporting Kansas City (1): Claudio Bieler (Argentina)
Toronto FC (2): Matias Laba (Argentina), Danny Koevermans (Netherlands)
Vancouver Whitecaps (1): Kenny Miller (Scotland)

He scored 6 goals in 26 EPL appearances last year. Is that precisely washed up? Some are you are being ridiculous fixated on age as a number. I'd wager he's good for 7 to 10 goals next year not bad coming from Mid.

Third Rail tweeted that he's taking an International spot, not a DP. Not sure if that's true or not.

bit of an old list but almost none of these players are as you described above. I am not expecting leo messi but players that are 32-34 would be a lot better than 37 in their first year at the club. Those 3 or 4 years make a big difference
FC Dallas (3): Mauro Diaz (Argentina), David Ferreira (Colombia), Fabian Castillo (Colombia)
LA Galaxy (3): Robbie Keane (Republic of Ireland), Landon Donovan (USA), Omar Gonzalez (USA)
Seattle Sounders (3): Mauro Rosales (Argentina), Obafemi Martins (Nigeria), Clint Dempsey (USA)
Which of them would you build an expansion franchise in NYC around, build a fan base and garner the same amount of worldwide press besides Henry?

How much of the vitriol is MCFC fans against a Chelsea legend?

MCFC doesn't have the recent history of Chelsea so there isn't a comparison the other way around.

But as an EFC fan, I like Frank and I am excited for him to play for us.

He's taking both an International spot and a DP spot. Not mutually exclusive apparently

A DP can also take an international spot (like Henry) but not necessarily (like Besler, Zusi). Also, an international player doesn't have to be a DP (just depends on their salary).

I think we're playing semantics with in their prime. If you want 32 years old, then sure there are more options (I was considering 32 or younger i.e. Dempsey, Bradley, Besler, Zusi, even Wondo depending on when he signed).

For two years, the only question is what will Lampard contribute these next two years. In the English Premier League, he made 26 appearances and had 6 goals. It's not easy getting people this window because of the delay in playing time, as we saw with Xavi. So we get a cornerstone franchise type guy who should be a strong contributor for the time he's here and help develop the club on & off the pitch.

When the considerably higher standard of the premier league is considered in relation to the mls Lampard will demolish the majority of the opposition & will certainly have a good few years in him!
more mcfc vitriol! :)

I've watched Lamps for years over at Chelsea he always does a good job even these last couple seasons at his old age. A 2 year contract is actually the perfect deal you'll get productivity from him on the pitch and also great leadership, fantastic signing to go along with David Villa imo.

When the considerably higher standard of the premier league is considered in relation to the mls Lampard will demolish the majority of the opposition & will certainly have a good few years in him!
more mcfc vitriol! :)
I detest this type of non-logic. Just because Chelsea and EPL are superior on the whole to MLS it does not in fact mean he will demolish MLS opposition. In fact, I would imagine the Alonso Olvado, Kyle Beckerman and Michael Bradleys of MLS will probably school Lampard.

David Beckham at 32 but with a rather weaker LA Galaxy struggled when he joined MLS, and thats after spending years excelling at ManU and Real Madrid.

Didier Drogba is 36 and he's still one of the more exciting players in the world.

Jason Kreis himself has said that if you put Leo Messi on the worst team in MLS, they're still the worst team in MLS. That's obviously an exaggeration but NYCFC has a long way to go. Our GK may or may not be starting quality, so as of right now we have 3 to 4 players in the Starting XI. We have one DP spot left which probably has to go to an American so that NYCFC retains some flexibility in bringing in Academy players. We can expect Lampard and Villa to shine and to work well together once they're used to each other but the other pieces as a whole will determine just how much freedom those two have to shine in MLS.

BtUhy1DIYAEKoFq.jpg

Reactions: Vinjay