Lampard To Nycfc

6 months from everything I'm seeing too. From a quick link at Blue Moon I would NOT say the majority of City fans are against it. I'd presume he'll mostly be used as a sub in the league and maybe start a few cup matches. As long as he comes away healthy I'm not sure I see the harm.

How the hell can it be a 1 year loan? That means he wouldn't start the 2015 season with NYCFC. Makes no sense.
I read it on this forum.

But it doesn't make sense for him to miss NYCFC day 1 but it also doesn't make sense for Lampard, the competitor to just walk away from MC & EPL in the middle of the season.

From mlssoccer.com:

Frank Lampard is set for a six-month loan to Manchester City before he joins Major League Soccer in earnest next year, according to multiple reports out of England released on Friday.

Lampard, 36, was announced last week as the newest Designated Player for MLS expansion franchise New York City FC, who will make their league debut in 2015. It was not revealed at the time where Lampard would spend the next six months while NYCFC build their roster, but the former Chelsea legend said that he wanted to remain at “the very top level” in order to take his MLS transition in full stride.

“When we come here for pre-season I want to be ready to go,” Lampard said last week. “I want to fly out of the blocks. I don't want to come out sluggish.”

This is great. Not for Man City but for Lampard and NYC. Lampard will train with City players and coaches and understand Txiki's philosophies better. He can tie in possible with young players coming to NYC in the future. He can essentially develop more of an understanding of the CFG from the pitch perspective which will help him be more of a leader when he returns to New York. I would beg that this's was Kreiss' idea more than anyone else's. It's perfect.

For Man City it's nothing more than insurance for injuries and an extra spice in training. This is good strategy for CFG and credit to them.

This is great. Not for Man City but for Lampard and NYC. Lampard will train with City players and coaches and understand Txiki's philosophies better. He can tie in possible with young players coming to NYC in the future. He can essentially develop more of an understanding of the CFG from the pitch perspective which will help him be more of a leader when he returns to New York. I would beg that this's was Kreiss' idea more than anyone else's. It's perfect.

For Man City it's nothing more than insurance for injuries and an extra spice in training. This is good strategy for CFG and credit to them.
Ugh.

He probably won't get much playing time, but it sure is going to be awkward seeing him in the City side of the bench. But I don't have a problem with it.

Listening to Tony Meola and some other clown. Nick something? On XM 94 on the way home from work yesterday evening got my blood boiling a bit. They were calling it "Bait and switch" Lampard going on loan to Manchester even though we KNEW he HAD to go on loan SOMEWHERE and it's a LOGICAL choice and PLENTY of OTHER MLS players have gone on loan to EPL teams. Also painting the idea of us taking young players on loan from Manchester to develop as a bad thing. Saying it tarnishes MLS. Even though I'd say clubs from leagues all over the world take and benefit from on loan players from the handful of biggest clubs in the world. Not only do teams from leagues such as Belgium and Holland take players on loan from the bigger leagues but Everton for example in the EPL itself finished 5th with huge contributions last year from players on loan from Chelsea and Barcelona..

The irony of this post is incredible. There are so many levels. One might enjoy it simply on its own hypocrisy or one could easily find some cultural history hypocrisy as well.

GOLD, JERRY. GOLD.

Im not telling you how to think though am I, im simply telling you what Lampard actually did.

I am not aware of any real proof of anything. If they were New Yorkers, I doubt they'd be offended by drunkenness alone.

It's certainly not verifiable, but in my subjective opinion, it wouldn't have been an issue at all if there weren't some element of contextual insensitivity or even possibly malicious nature to it. The only people who know are the group to whom the offense occurred.

I'm not a voluntary spokesperson for the "Frank Lampard Hates America" contingent. I was just engaging in some hyperbole to make the point I reiterated above regarding my belief that there are better suited players to have the honor of being NYCFC's initial core. From that perspective, I think the perception of the circumstance alone is enough to justify passing over him.

Frankly, if I didn't think we would be signing what is effectively Lampard's Bloated Corpse, then I might be more forgiving.

You seem to have some deep seated hatred for Lampard, did he have a fling with your Mrs or something?

Reactions: Kjbert
Whats the deal with Wenger and Arsenal saying Lampard to NYCFC and loan to MC is City's way of getting around FFP rules? What?

Talk about someone knowing nothing on a subject but speaking on it. I would love Wenger to explain the who "stash the big paycheck players in MLS" theory.

The typical French "outrage" which is more about being a crybaby and not really contributing a damn thing to the issue at hand.