Lampard To Nycfc

"Lampard set for New York move

Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard is set to sign for New York City FC. The free transfer will take place next week, but Lampard will play for sister club Melbourne City until NYCFC starts the 2015 MLS season."

- Goal.com

I guess we can expect to hear of this in the next few days.
Perhaps it will be their last season ticket push prior to seat selection

I get Lampard being a name but is he that big a name?

I get that Lampard was a great player, but is he good enough still to be one of precious few 3DPs?

I know many Lampard fans will say I'm crazy. And maybe I am.

But still seems short-sighted and not Kreis-like at all.

As far as tactics and role players, it's all Kreis. The DP acquisitions meant to add prestige to the team are out of his jurisdiction.

call me crazy but i heard somewhere lampard will NOT be getting DP salary

If he doesn't that's amazing but expect a barrage of "GARBER IS BENDING THE RULES FOR HIS BELOVED NYCFC" which means we could still get Xavi AND Mix.

I'm still holding out on Jozy....which is most likely not going to happen...lol

Might get announced in a few hours. Also I'm seeing people mentioning Xavi again. They should delay the Xavi announcement to get another ST boost.

I never liked Lampard as a player, and I think he's old and out of shape. That said, people know who he is. He's going to sell tickets and get the team coverage. If we're EVER going to get stuck with this kind of 'off-the-field reasons' signing let's get it out of the way now. NYCFC isn't going to realistically compete for MLS Cup in Year 1 (or 2 or3) so let's spend some DP money on a guy who will raise awareness when we need it most.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I never liked Lampard as a player, and I think he's old and out of shape. That said, people know who he is. He's going to sell tickets and get the team coverage. If we're EVER going to get stuck with this kind of 'off-the-field reasons' signing let's get it out of the way now. NYCFC isn't going to realistically compete for MLS Cup in Year 1 (or 2 or3) so let's spend some DP money on a guy who will raise awareness when we need it most.

Don't think it would be totally unrealistic to compete in year 1 and certainly not year 2. Unless I'm mistaken Kreis reached a final in only his 2nd year in charge of RSL. Don't think anyone can be certain what will happen in year 1 (though I doubt it will be anything embarrassing) but by year 2 many people will be expecting a significant MLS Cup challenge. Have little doubt its what the club expects the "powers that be" at this club don't do slow builds. Of course there's certain intangibles (injuries, etc) that may or may not have to be taken into account.

Reactions: Kjbert
9/11 lamps. Title is click bait and the article itself doesn't say much.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/british-soccer-star-mocked-americans-9-11-article-1.1874241
Since I'd rather not send traffic over there:
British soccer star poised to join NY team once mocked Americans after 9/11 attacks
In 2001, Frank Lampard was among four British players who mocked American tourists stranded at a hotel near Heathrow Airport because of the Sept. 11 attacks. Lampard, 36, is reportedly in negotiations to join the New York City FC Major League Soccer team.
BY Bill Hutchinson
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, July 21, 2014, 1:12 AM

Share this URL
south-africa-england-wcup-soccer.jpg
Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP England soccer player Frank Lampard was fined by his team for mocking U.S. tourists in 2001.
A British soccer star poised to ink a deal to play in New York City once got in trouble for mocking grieving Americans after the 9/11 attacks.

Frank Lampard, 36, is reportedly in negotiations to join the New York City FC Major League Soccer team, which is owned by the Yankees and the Premier League champion Manchester City.

“We don’t comment on signing rumors,” said team spokeswoman Risa Heller.

In 2001, Lampard was among four British players who mocked American tourists stranded at a hotel near Heathrow Airport because of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Just 24 hours after the tragedy, Lampard and his Chelsea teammates drunkenly stripped, swore and vomited in front of the upset U.S. tourists.

He and his mates were fined by the club.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...mericans-9-11-article-1.1874241#ixzz387M5WKBD

Daily News sucks on so many different levels. Stopped reading that rag years ago because guys like Lupica, Vacchiano, Bondy & Raissman made it unreadable..........and that's just the sports pages! ;)

Anyway, according to EOS it looke like we're back in the Xavi business again. He'll reportedly sign a 3 year deal sometime this week.